Connector/FaderHub not establishing connection between macOs and Win11/VMware

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm trying to establish a connection between two instances of Connector (or Fader Hub), one running on macOS and another on Win11 in Vmware on the same MacBook, but without success - even if I can successfully ping the other/remote address.

VMware's main network interface is running in NAT configuration, but I also created another interface in host-only config. Both are reachable between the two instances (ping), but still Connector can't seem to see the remote address (of course I configured each instance with the correct remote IP address using the same port). I also disabled the Firewall in Win11 without success.

Any idea how to solve this? anyone get them working?

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I have not tried this myself but there is no reason why it would not work. Have you tried several port numbers for the connection? Have you checked that there is no firewall active on MacOS or Windows?

Hi, thanks for the follow up...

Yes I tried different port numbers, and turned off Window's firewall, and enabled ICMP replies in Win (which is apparently turned off by default)... I can successfully ping from both OSs to remote IP addresses, but for whatever reason it still doesn't work...

I found few posts having similar connectivity issues when trying to reach a web server hosted in Win/VMware from macOS, they solved it by creating a 2nd Host-Only network interface in VMware... I tried their suggestion but still didn't work with BC Fader Hub...

In any case, it's not a deal breaker for me, but would be nice to use some Win plugins on the Mac - if you can think of anything else, or if someone at BC Audio can try it out and get it working please let me know...

Thanks.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”