Frequence missmatch

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi , I stumbled across a measurement error and am just wondering.... 8)
I needed a 64Hz sound for a test. So i set up Moscillator to SInus 64Hz.
Interestingly, I had the impulse to add an equalizer to the output to determine the frequency.
The EQ does not show the set frequency.
I had to increase the oscillator to 64.43 Hz to get 64Hz in the output.
It's actually small stuff, but either Moscillator is not accurate or MEqualizer is not accurate or Studio one has done something wired on the way (in->out) ... Clean Project with nothing in it then these two guys .. just curiouse ?? :idea:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xian_smith wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:13 pm Hi , I stumbled across a measurement error and am just wondering.... 8)
I needed a 64Hz sound for a test. So i set up Moscillator to SInus 64Hz.
Interestingly, I had the impulse to add an equalizer to the output to determine the frequency.
The EQ does not show the set frequency.
I had to increase the oscillator to 64.43 Hz to get 64Hz in the output.
It's actually small stuff, but either Moscillator is not accurate or MEqualizer is not accurate or Studio one has done something wired on the way (in->out) ... Clean Project with nothing in it then these two guys .. just curiouse ?? :idea:
If you increase FFT size in MEqualizer´s analyzer it will probable detect a more precise frequency. It is definitely an important factor.

FFT samples only a certain number of frequencies (mathematical limitation), the lower the frequency is, the lower the accuracy, and you are very low. Increase FFT size and/or enable super-resolution.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”