Outersect Modeler - updates? release notes?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been waiting for some promised updates to Outersect Modeler before demoing it---full MPE support among other things. But update notices and version history with release notes don't seem to be publicly available on the internet.

It's up to v 1.1.5 and has full MPE support now.

Here's a demo using the Linnstrument ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F8J-1PFVYU

Rob Rayle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:47 am It's up to v 1.1.5 and has full MPE support now.

Here's a demo using the Linnstrument ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F8J-1PFVYU
Why is pitchbend range still limited to 24?

> Why is pitchbend range still limited to 24?

You really need 48?
It's easy enough to increase the range.
The issue is that I don't have a device to test on.
The Linnstrument only goes to 24
(even tho you can set it higher you can't physically do a bend of more than 24 on the controller)
I would be releasing something I have never tried myself & that makes me very nervous.

48 is easier to setup, as all hosts expect it. Its not a big deal if you use a Host like Bitwig where you can set it to adapt. I set my LinnStrument to 48 for that reason…

Rob Rayle wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:54 pm > Why is pitchbend range still limited to 24?

You really need 48?
It's easy enough to increase the range.
The issue is that I don't have a device to test on.
The Linnstrument only goes to 24
(even tho you can set it higher you can't physically do a bend of more than 24 on the controller)
I would be releasing something I have never tried myself & that makes me very nervous.
After demoing it extensively with the Seaboard Rise 2 over the last week... yes. The main issue is that changing the pitchbend range changes the responsiveness of the vibrato, and so muscle memory for 48 pitchbend is going to be significantly different from 24 pitchbend. While I was able to play expressive vibrato that I like at 24 pitchbend and 2 pitchbend, I'd prefer to focus on 48 pitchbend. I'm on the fence about buying it, but I think this may be a dealbreaker for now. Plus I want to compare it to Dawesome's soon to be released Myth, which uses some physical modeling.

40% off for however long Tracktion thinks St. Patrick's Day lasts!
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Tracktion”