Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MrJubbly wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:54 pm
Urs wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:10 am We'll probably make it to NAMM, but we have to compromise on features.

Our staff has resumed testing daily before coming to the office during the cold months.

The process of evaluating progress, tasks and visions for a project like Uhbik is not ideal in this situation. We have since Filterscape release not had a single day that offered a chance for all people involved in Uhbik to just meet in a room and go through everything. Doing this through Zoom or Slack is not the same. So a few of us are trying to figure this out by themselves, and instead of looking at it from the perspective of the whole thing, we look at it in a fragmented way, topic by topic.

Such that, even with a focus on Uhbik for several developers, today I wouldn't be able to say where we stand. I hope this will be possible in March maybe. Certain tasks that would normally take two or three weeks is now more like two or three months.

(on the plus side, there re also many things that go a lot easier these days... myself I'm a lot more productive in remote work, and my wife and I are even considering to move into a place with an extra room. And the people who always worked remotely are now integrated a lot better than before)
When it comes to the actual official product updates/releases. Please don't compromise on any of the planned features, if possible.

Most customers will be understanding of such delays, if they take longer, so long as we are aware of the reasons why. And we end up with better products because of the extra development time.
Most customers will be understanding of such delays, if they take longer, so long as we are aware of the reasons why
This is NOT directed to MrJubbly even though I'm using what he said as an example:

Sorry to say this, but Urs owes us nothing. He doesn't have to tell us anything. We're lucky he's doing what he's doing. I think we've gotten so spoiled that we think he should keep us in the loop at all times. Let's cut the man some slack and get off his back for God's sake.

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:56 pm Well, there are realities. One reality is, we're going to NAMM to kick off Zebralette3. It's going to be a deep and feature rich freeware plug-in, no matter if some yet-too-unpolished concepts are left out. It's no biggie if one or two out of 20+ oscillator effects are gonna be moved to some later update.

I also need to break that thing where we show something at a trade show that won't be released for another year or two.
Happy to hear that you do it this way. Then we all have something to look for in January - and initial releases are often not yet feature complete. That makes upcoming updates also more interesting to see what you'll add there.

When you release Zebralette 3, will there be some community patch collections / efforts?
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Fannon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:37 pm When you release Zebralette 3, will there be some community patch collections / efforts?
U-he does have community presets on their site, but I'm not sure how it is curated.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

limitlesssss wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:27 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:54 pm When it comes to the actual official product updates/releases. Please don't compromise on any of the planned features, if possible.

Most customers will be understanding of such delays, if they take longer, so long as we are aware of the reasons why. And we end up with better products because of the extra development time.
Most customers will be understanding of such delays, if they take longer, so long as we are aware of the reasons why
This is NOT directed to MrJubbly even though I'm using what he said as an example:

Sorry to say this, but Urs owes us nothing. He doesn't have to tell us anything. We're lucky he's doing what he's doing. I think we've gotten so spoiled that we think he should keep us in the loop at all times. Let's cut the man some slack and get off his back for God's sake.
Nobody suggested u-he owed anyone anything. Certainly not myself, nor any others, from what I had read. So why have you decided to invent and inject that narrative into the mix? Are you deliberately trying to cause further unnecessary trouble/drama?

Since you deliberately quoted me, despite your caveat of supposedly not being directed only towards me, then at least have the courtesy to address what I actually wrote, rather than attempting to twist what was stated.

To clarify, for the hard of reading (and yes, that includes you), I simply stated that customers would be more understanding, so long as they were made aware of the reasons for any delays (which u-he have kindly done). i.e. as opposed to having other forum members spreading rumours and their own speculations. As was originally the case.

Nowhere within that text, did it ever state u-he are obliged to do so, or even that customers should be obligated to feel placated. Simply, that it would help ease impatience regarding any delays, for customers to be informed of the reasons why. Is that such an offensive concept to you? If so, I hope for your sake, that you never decide to work within any customer service related industry.

Personally, I was more than satisfied with Urs' explanation regarding the reasons for stalled progress of Uhbik updates, due to staffing and development issues. Which is totally understandable, given that situation.

That was about half-a-dozen posts ago. Most of the subsequent posts are just from forum members like you, complaining about customers like me, requesting for said clarification. There was no 'obligation' implied. But it's great when developers like u-he, Image-line, etc. are open for communication with customers, as it helps to increase transparency and customer relations. I view that as a positive thing. Not as something to be taken for granted.

A lot of people in this forum clearly have a lot of trouble reading what is actually been stated by members in posts and seem to much prefer projecting their own Machiavellian spin and ideas instead onto what others have specifically written.

That's quite a disturbing trend. If you're not certain what somebody means by something they've said. Surely, it's more conducive to ask them for clarification, rather than to misconstrue them?

But, as I previously said (an entire forum page worth's of comments ago). u-he's stated reasons for the delays were perfectly clear.
MrJubbly wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:42 pm So, thanks to u-he, for officially clarifying that incorrect assumption.
Now that's cleared up, can we all just move on?..

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:59 pm
Fannon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:37 pm When you release Zebralette 3, will there be some community patch collections / efforts?
U-he does have community presets on their site, but I'm not sure how it is curated.
That was an unfinished attempt to incorporate the actual Patchlib into our website:

https://u-he.com/PatchLib/

^^ that one should be pretty complete. In two days our web team will be upgraded with a new coworker, so we hope that we can eventually gel the Patchlib with our website.

Thanks, MrJubbly, I empathise with you. That’s the sorry state of the world currently: false narratives, covert narcissism, and the list goes on.
Happy New Year to you, Urs and the team!
Can't wait for the new updates and the products!

Cheers

MrJubbly wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:42 pm So, thanks to u-he for officially clarifying that incorrect assumption.
Now that's cleared up, can we all move on?..
[/quote]

gib
uhbik
m1
alpha
pls

limitlesssss wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:19 am Dear Urs,

I know I asked this question a while back, but I just want to make sure if this is still going to happen. Will we be able to use the effects in Repro on our input audio when CLAP is implemented thoroughly?
Urs wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:53 am I do not know. There's a ticket her for that, but it isn't the highest of priorities as long as we have Filterscape, Uhbik, general CLAP support, AAX support, Z3 stuff and what not on our plates...
I know I've asked this question around six months ago on September 1, and the above was your answer, so I apologize if I'm asking it again. Please allow me to ask this every six months. :D

Are we close to the day we can send external audio to Repro to use its effects section on vocals and such? Basically input audio for Repro? Thanks Urs.

Linux user here trying very hard to be patient. The new interfaces and and additional functionality look fantastic.

Our internal development makes quite some progress lately. I currently have no greater picture to share though.

This is amazing!!!
sadly the UI crash smtms on bitwig not sure why and then every plugin crash.
i love the sound of the plugins.
I wish the flanger was a bit more full featured but heh its sounding amazing as it is and i'm sure you don't have any desire to add anything to it at this point but its missing 1-2 details to be the best flanger around imho

Adding to a flanger damping and polarity inversion would be soo amazing
its perfectly implemented there in this flanger https://yhedral.gumroad.com/l/KdaNl
Also having the possibility to automate the channels flanger rather than use the inside LFO would be perfect for bitwig users and clap

Return to “u-he”