Errors and not errors!

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Firstly can I say that this is long overdue and congrats too KVR for taking the initiative!
I currently have 1286 files registered in KVR SM.
Local newer = 123
Up to date = 980
Not found =84
+ 33 errors

I've been working away trying to get my KVR newer under 100. I have now hit 99!
It occurs to me that there are a series of reasons why things are appearing as KVR Newer. Many are not down to KVR, more developers with different practices.

Things I've found so far...
1. The developer has orphaned the product and you have to buy the latest version to get a matching version number. Particularly with bundles like NIs Komplete and Izotope. As opposed to Arturia where you get a whole new plugin V3 & V4 etc.

2. The version numbers are just plain wrong on the plugin itself. e.g. AAS reports single digit versions while KVR is looking for extended info like 3 instead of 3.1.4 for Chromaphone 3. Similar with Flux 3.0.0.0 vs 23.1 for Bittersweet.

3. Some have different version numbers on the website, the GUI of the installed plugin and on KVR. e.g. Meterplugs Dynameter has 1.7.6, 1.6.9 and 1.7.2 respectively. Updating it changes nothing.

4. Some simply have a different version between the website and KVR SM. e.g. Boz Labs the Hoser XT = 1.1.3 on the website & 2.0 on KVR SM. Cherry Novachord is 1.0.2 on their website & 1.0.3 on KVR SM.

I could go through and document which category the 99 fit into, but is that useful information for you?

On the meterplugs plugins...
I've found a curious thing. On the vst3's the version is on 1.0.0 for both plugins. KVR is reporting 1.7.2 as the latest version of Dynameter and 1.10.2 for Loudness Penalty.
The versions are displayed on the GUI but oddly the VST2's version matches what's being reported on KVR SM.
Could it be that Meterplugs has the version numbers on the wrong vst type or that the report KVR took the version number from, is the VST2 number?

I have of course updated the plugins to the latest available from the developers website.

denizen wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:43 pm On the meterplugs plugins...
I've found a curious thing. On the vst3's the version is on 1.0.0 for both plugins. KVR is reporting 1.7.2 as the latest version of Dynameter and 1.10.2 for Loudness Penalty.
The versions are displayed on the GUI but oddly the VST2's version matches what's being reported on KVR SM.
Could it be that Meterplugs has the version numbers on the wrong vst type or that the report KVR took the version number from, is the VST2 number?

I have of course updated the plugins to the latest available from the developers website.
Yes, it looks like the VST3 versions of Meterplugs plugins all report v1.0.0. The dev would need to fix this.

Thanks.
Is this something KVR intends to discuss with developers, or is it more useful for us to report it to them directly?

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”