RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I found that returning to composition view, you don't have the sliders for adjusting the view anymore. Create a few tracks, 3 or 4, then just fill them with whatever.. Go to song view, then if you go back to composition view, it clips the bottom off with no sliders.

This is a whole 1920 x 1280 screen shot after returning from song view.. the bottom of the app is out of view and can't be reached.. the scroll bar at the far right does not move, think it is the size causing this.

Mac OS . beta 6 . The F keys do not all work correctly
to View Songs. F5 doesn't work. There are problems with the image in viewing chords - not all chords are visible and the play button works. The play button itself does not stop the play. I think that it should still be possible to swap all the parts to build a song. And I’m also sorry, but I was waiting for a solution to my proposal to modify the “Collect scales for selected chords” command. Thank you .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The new Song View is interesting, but I'm not sure what can be done with it, or what its best uses are. Can anyone comment on this?

To be honest, I don’t know why I did this, although of course with respect for the improvements in the program))

sj1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 pm The new Song View is interesting, but I'm not sure what can be done with it, or what its best uses are. Can anyone comment on this?
It is supposed to be similar to what some other software offers.. There are more plans for this, so, this is just the first iteration.. There will be a text track thing for vocals eventually. You could then either have some one sing to it, or use the track for midi vocals, etc..

Well, usually in music programs the Song mode is used to schematically compose a Composition from patterns/lines/phrases into an overall Composition..

The 'song view' has several purposes, although not all features are implemented yet. This is a global view of the composition when you don't want to work with tracks or phrases.

1. quick orientation: double clicking on parts, lines or chords zooms into the composition
2. quicker preview: the possibility of playing back any parts, lines or chords with a single click
3. (not done yet) faster chord selection: right-click will open the chord builder, shift-right-click will open the quick suggestions dialog, and ctrl-right click will open the same master track chord menu as in the master track. This will be probably configurable.
4. rearranging lines and parts by dragging them, resizing lines at the right edge. Adding/deleting parts and lines. This functionality is similar to the already existing structure menu
5. the soon-to-be-implemented lyrics track can be shown here as well
6. using Yamaha style files will be possible if the community finds it a good idea. There are thousands of such files are available in many genres. The files usually have several intro, main, fill and outro multi-track sections.
7. whatever use case you can come up with...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

RapidComposer v5.2b7 is available!

Improvements:
  • Chord builder menu added to master track chords
  • [Song View] right-click opens the chord builder, Shift-right-click opens quick suggestions, Ctrl-right-click opens the same chords menu as on the master track
  • [Song View] configurable options for right-click
  • Fixed keyboard shortcut issues with 'song view' and 'DAW view'
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks for the Song View description and list of possibilities. Working in the program from that guidance, I think Song View is superb!

yea, oops here.. I see what I was doing wrong.. call it a brain fart moment.. RC didn't go to full screen, so, the scroll bars were hidden because of that.

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:40 am RapidComposer v5.2b7 is available!

Improvements:

Attila, Could you send me the link still not working for me . :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unfortunately, in Song Viewer you can’t set scales for each chord yet .

Hello Attila. Pay attention to my shortcut.. In the main Composition field, two tracks visually merge. My eyes just hurt from the strain (. Please make it possible to clearly separate tracks in the user interface settings. Thank you.

+1

Return to “MusicDevelopments”