UPDATED: Zynaptiq Morph3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i just stumbled over this, cause a post from @tlkmx.
M4L only ! ....what ya think, check the video
https://payhip.com/b/h9l7V

is morph 3 as good ?
i used both V2 and V3 in completely different contexts.
gonna start now my "Live12" and check with morph 3 with some audio files.
...so far, i´m quite a bit ........edit: overreaction from my side
Last edited by Funky40 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tlkmx wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 pm
Sadly still no real morphing ala kyma
Very far away from it. This just sounds like a deluxe vocoder on steroids. You won’t get that special spectral pitch morphing only Kyma seems to be able to do so far, and Alchemy to a certain extent.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 pm
metaside wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 pm What's going on with the pricing? USD 169/EUR 179* versus USD 149/EUR 169*? Why does the upgrade show double the difference between USD and EUR prices even though the price is lower? Are the prices randomized?
MORPH 3 and MORPH 3 PRO will be available from the Zynaptiq website and authorized resellers worldwide April 15th, 2024, at an SRP of USD 169/EUR 179* (MORPH 3) or USD 279/EUR 309* (MORPH 3 PRO).

Users of MORPH 2 will be able to upgrade to MORPH 3 or MORPH 3 PRO at a reduced price of USD 69/EUR 79* (MORPH 3) or USD 149/EUR 169* (MORPH 3 PRO) via the Zynaptiq website starting April 15th, 2024.
Looks good but I'm not paying 180€ for an upgrade...
19% Valued Added Tax in Germany.
149 + 19% = 177.31 - price in € is 169 -> difference of 20 between USD and EUR prices even though the price is lower...

169 + 19% = 201.11 - price in € is 179 -> difference of 10 between USD and EUR prices even though the price is higher...

Sounds pretty random to me, but great if it makes sense for you :tu:
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Can someone explain what makes morph 3 not a legitimate morph?

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:28 am Can someone explain what makes morph 3 not a legitimate morph?
pretty sure it is a legitimate morph just doesn't work like the kyma one which some people prefer.

I think when it comes to audio-morphing many users will feel the impulse to mention the word "Kyma" just like the terms "analog" and "warmth" have to be mentioned when it comes to synthesis. As a real time audio processor Morph 3 has come quite far, as far as I know Kyma is not processing incoming audio in real time (correct me if I'm wrong) and its morphing capabilities are based on additive synthesis so it's rebuilding sounds with sine waves. None of the Kyma examples I found so far have blown me away in any sense and shelling out almost 4000 bucks for the hardware in order to use Kyma is quite an investment.

is there any plugin which can morph incoming signals in realtime other than Morph3 (now)? i dont know any so far yet but didnt check it out to be honest
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:08 am is there any plugin which can morph incoming signals in realtime other than Morph3 (now)? i dont know any so far yet but didnt check it out to be honest
MeldaProduction MMorph.

(and for Live + M4L; Alexandor Panos Color Transfer)

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:07 am I think when it comes to audio-morphing many users will feel the impulse to mention the word "Kyma" just like the terms "analog" and "warmth" have to be mentioned when it comes to synthesis. As a real time audio processor Morph 3 has come quite far, as far as I know Kyma is not processing incoming audio in real time (correct me if I'm wrong) and its morphing capabilities are based on additive synthesis so it's rebuilding sounds with sine waves. None of the Kyma examples I found so far have blown me away in any sense and shelling out almost 4000 bucks for the hardware in order to use Kyma is quite an investment.
even worse, it is a conceptual failure to define 'morph' as what Kyma does and then criticise anything that claims to morph because it does not reproduce the kyma algorithm. In other words everything other than kyma is predefined as a failure

sandandpaint wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:16 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:07 am I think when it comes to audio-morphing many users will feel the impulse to mention the word "Kyma" just like the terms "analog" and "warmth" have to be mentioned when it comes to synthesis. As a real time audio processor Morph 3 has come quite far, as far as I know Kyma is not processing incoming audio in real time (correct me if I'm wrong) and its morphing capabilities are based on additive synthesis so it's rebuilding sounds with sine waves. None of the Kyma examples I found so far have blown me away in any sense and shelling out almost 4000 bucks for the hardware in order to use Kyma is quite an investment.
even worse, it is a conceptual failure to define 'morph' as what Kyma does and then criticise anything that claims to morph because it does not reproduce the kyma algorithm. In other words everything other than kyma is predefined as a failure
Yes, I think a better definition of morphing would be to contrast it with various forms of blending or crossfading. With true morphing you have a process of interpolation between 2 data points (could be sounds, could be faces), which in relation to sound requires a process of analysis and resynthesis/reconstruction of the sound at each point in the morph continuum.

Crossfading and blending on the other hand do not analyse and reconstruct the original data, they just attenuate one data point in various ways and emphasise the other. It's more of a remix than a resynthesis.

Funky40 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 pm i just stumbled over this, cause a post from @tlkmx.
M4L only ! ....what ya think, check the video
https://payhip.com/b/h9l7V
WasteLand wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 am (and for Live + M4L; Alexandor Panos Color Transfer)
has anybody here an opinion how Color Transfer compares to Morph 3 ?
Would it add something to the table ?

WasteLand wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:08 am is there any plugin which can morph incoming signals in realtime other than Morph3 (now)? i dont know any so far yet but didnt check it out to be honest
MeldaProduction MMorph.

(and for Live + M4L; Alexandor Panos Color Transfer)
United Plugins Transmutator is worth a look as well:

https://unitedplugins.com/Transmutator/

sandandpaint wrote:pretty sure it is a legitimate morph just doesn't work like the kyma one which some people prefer.
Thanks guys. I thought it might be something like that. I just know it sounds good, so it was really just curiosity. I’ll see what kind of deals they have for zap2 bundle owners. I also have intensity and orange vocoder which I bought separately as it was actually cheaper than upgrading to zap3.

I get where you are coming from, but you seriously think this is worse than what’s available with Morph 3 and other non-Kyma tools, for example? https://youtu.be/nt9tXXaXRrM?si=-Sq7gmDy4PI_GpOu

Nothing I’ve heard yet comes close to the clarity and precision of these examples. I would never invest in Kyma hardware but the quality is there nonetheless and cannot be found anywhere else, imho. I say that as a Morph 3 Pro owner (have yet to sit down to test it tho, but judging it based on your recent Youtube video).

Morph is a vocoder in disguise.

Return to “Effects”