Waveform 13 Cursor positioning issue

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started using the new version of Waveform (version 13.0.33 (Built: 3 April 2024) (64-bit)) and I'm seeing a strange experience. When I click the cursor in the timeline or manually key in the time in the menu, intermittently it will not snap to the exact beat (e.g. 26 , 1, 000), but will rather go one tick back (e.g. 25, 4, 959 or 23, 2, 479). Seeing this on multiple projects. Anyone else experiencing or know of a fix? Never saw this on v10-12.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by topps13 on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asprog solved this for me: the new clip launcher has resulted in some changes to cursor behavior.

Fortunately, easily fixed: right-click up in the timeline at the very top, and de-select the quantise feature. This will put the cursor back into v1 - v12.5 mode!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Seems to be snapping as expected on this system. Do you have Quantise selected?

WF 041024-1.png

Or under Snap to Grid "Snap Cursor Movement" ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hmm I tried that but it doesn't fix it

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:13 pm Seems to be snapping as expected on this system. Do you have Quantise selected?

WF 041024-1.png
How are you getting to that menu option?

Info Page / Options or as Watchful suggested.

For the record I have Quantise on and it snaps as expected.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:17 pm Info Page / Options or as Watchful suggested.

Found it. Same experience with it on or off, and no real rhyme/reason to why it gets the correct place or not.

topps13 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:41 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:17 pm Info Page / Options or as Watchful suggested.

Found it. Same experience with it on or off, and no real rhyme/reason to why it gets the correct place or not.
What Snap setting do you have (Upside down magnet icon to left of timeline)? Set it to Smart if it isn't.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Did you try "Snap Cursor Movement" on/off?

All I can say is on two systems here I can not reproduce the issue you are reporting. I'm on Windows 10. You?

If that snap cursor setting doesn't fix the issue then submit a support ticket. They have been very responsive and fixes have been coming pretty fast.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:02 pm
Did you try "Snap Cursor Movement" on/off?

All I can say is on two systems here I can not reproduce the issue you are reporting. I'm on Windows 10. You?

If that snap cursor setting doesn't fix the issue then submit a support ticket. They have been very responsive and fixes have been coming pretty fast.
Same issue with Snap Cursor Movement on and off. Windows 10 as well.

I'd definitely submit a ticket, but therein lies my other issue...I can't log into my support account anymore (says my username is suspended) and no one has responded to my emails or support requests from the Tracktion home page for 5 months.

Are you using the Free version or Pro version? If I'm not mistaken and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is support for the Free version (which is understandable).

Support has been very responsive to the tickets I've submitted and all issues have either been fixed already or a fix is on the way in a future update.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:34 am Are you using the Free version or Pro version? If I'm not mistaken and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is support for the Free version (which is understandable).

Support has been very responsive to the tickets I've submitted and all issues have either been fixed already or a fix is on the way in a future update.
I have Pro. My experience with support up to that point was really good, but since end of last year, I can't seem to log and haven't gotten any responses. I guess I can try to create a new account, I think the support account is not necessarily tied to your purchase account.

I assume you've tried:

WF.png

Then "contact us". Doesn't look like we have to be logged in to use that form.

All I can say is my recent support tickets have been answered quickly but I don't remember if I was logged in at the time or not.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:49 pm I assume you've tried:

WF.png

Then "contact us". Doesn't look like we have to be logged in to use that form.

All I can say is my recent support tickets have been answered quickly but I don't remember if I was logged in at the time or not.
Thanks - that was the one I tried yesterday. Hopefully I hear back

Return to “Tracktion”