New Macs for audio

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M2pro, 16gb, latest Sonoma. Runs like a dream, quieter, colder, longer (10h battery doing music). I do use ilok with no issue at all.

PAK wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:24 pm
Wriggle wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:50 pm I’ve also purchased AppleCare+ and after Apple have been so unhelpful I asked for an engineer visit to my home. Apple said okay and gave me the name of a UK company. That was two weeks ago. I’ve heard nothing. The incident happened about two months ago now.
That’s pretty bad. I’d keep at them (it shouldn’t take more than a working day or two to be given a proper booked time and date.) If all else fails there’s always the Apple store, but it shouldn’t need to come to that.

You could try checking activity monitor and see what it says under energy / preventing sleep etc, to possibly give you a clue if it’s software related. You could also switch from KEXT to DEXT (Driver Kit) or vice versa on the RME to see if it makes any difference (though I wouldn't expect this - RME's been trouble free here using driverkit ). Overheating (to the point of shut-down) sounds more like a hardware issue, since it should thermal throttle before it ever gets to that point.
revvy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:05 pm I don't know this Apple you speak of.
Under Apple Care on-site home visits, from an "Apple approved engineer", are an option you can request for their desktop computers.
I emailed Apple after waiting two weeks. They took over a week to reply. I had asked for email support as a reasonable adjustment under the Disability Discrimination Act. Apple’s response was to say they no longer offer email support. I suspect Apple don’t want to acknowledge this is possible with their product. I have reported them to the FCA for breach of financial services regulations for AppleCare+

I’ve emailed Apple and requested a replacement.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”