Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

Me too. Seems like it should be lower.
TBlake wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 am https://www.softube.com/essentials-collection

Pretty good deal from Softube

$49 - Tape, Model 84, Wasted Space, British Class A, FET Comp

Even cheaper if you own some things from the bundle to upgrade, I owned Tape so it was $39, although when you go through ilok it removes your tape license in exchange for a bundle license which may put some off if it comes to resale
I already own 3 of the products in the bundle and my price was the same as yours.

Post

Milkman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 pm Grabbed this earlier, and yeah you get 50GB+ of DRM-free samples along with the rest of it. Im trying out Krotos Studio for fun, but probably wont keep it beyond the 90 days because I just dont do enough cinematic or game sound design. The Concept2 synth isnt bad.
Does Krotos Studio include additional samples (beyond the Starter and Fundamentals libraries) that can be exported or saved off prior to expiration? I watched a demo of it, so I get the general gist, but just curious if they keep the internal samples locked up in a proprietary format, or if you can access the WAV files "under the cover" of it.

Post

Milkman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 pm
wfm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 pm So on the 5 item KROTOS Humble Bundle deal. It says Studio expires after 90 days. Does that mean that the associated 51GB Library is no longer usable? Or is the library .wav and you can still use the SFX? Thanks to anyone in the know.
Grabbed this earlier, and yeah you get 50GB+ of DRM-free samples along with the rest of it. Im trying out Krotos Studio for fun, but probably wont keep it beyond the 90 days because I just dont do enough cinematic or game sound design. The Concept2 synth isnt bad.
How does the 51 GB library compare to UVI Xtreme FX 1 and 2?

Post

skythemusic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm Me too. Seems like it should be lower.
TBlake wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 am https://www.softube.com/essentials-collection

Pretty good deal from Softube

$49 - Tape, Model 84, Wasted Space, British Class A, FET Comp

Even cheaper if you own some things from the bundle to upgrade, I owned Tape so it was $39, although when you go through ilok it removes your tape license in exchange for a bundle license which may put some off if it comes to resale
I already own 3 of the products in the bundle and my price was the same as yours.
Do you already have Model 84? I was wondering if that one knocks the price down a bit.

Post

I don't. I have British Class A, tape, FET and Wasted Space. Basically their offer is $39 just for the 84 since I have the rest. I think I paid $100 just for the British! Kind of lame that they slightly punish people who have invested heavily. Ahh well. I have an actual analog Juno so probably won't buy the 84.

Examigan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 am
skythemusic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm Me too. Seems like it should be lower.
TBlake wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 am https://www.softube.com/essentials-collection

Pretty good deal from Softube

$49 - Tape, Model 84, Wasted Space, British Class A, FET Comp

Even cheaper if you own some things from the bundle to upgrade, I owned Tape so it was $39, although when you go through ilok it removes your tape license in exchange for a bundle license which may put some off if it comes to resale
I already own 3 of the products in the bundle and my price was the same as yours.
Do you already have Model 84? I was wondering if that one knocks the price down a bit.

Post

I believe Softube upgrades only work from one plugin. It doesn't matter whether you have one or multiple, they only take in account one of them. Weird system but it is what it is.

Post

I just checked after logging in. I already have Model 84 and my price is $39. Not bad for those other products, but I'm a bit on the fence about the upgrade.

At first I didn't see the upgrade button they mentioned, so I was trying to pretend like I was about to buy it to see if the lower price would show up. What's weird is I get an error where it says to select the country for the order.
I do have United States selected, but it keeps saying to select it when I click "Go to Payment".

It says: You must enter a valid country before you can make a purchase.

Post

Examigan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:50 am It says: You must enter a valid country before you can make a purchase.
From previous experiences, this is a bug on their website. You can select any other country and then select your country and it will go through.
https://wayford.gumroad.com/

Amethyst for ANA 2, WPC for Logic Pro coming soon.

Post

skythemusic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm Me too. Seems like it should be lower.
TBlake wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 am https://www.softube.com/essentials-collection

Pretty good deal from Softube

$49 - Tape, Model 84, Wasted Space, British Class A, FET Comp

Even cheaper if you own some things from the bundle to upgrade, I owned Tape so it was $39, although when you go through ilok it removes your tape license in exchange for a bundle license which may put some off if it comes to resale
I already own 3 of the products in the bundle and my price was the same as yours.
Even if you own all of them it's still $39 (passing the blunt over) :party:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Post

skythemusic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:16 am they slightly punish people who have invested heavily
Those are offered less incentive, is how I prefer to think of it :shrug:
Makes sense from a marketing point of view (esp. regarding software: licences come at a way lower cost than actual goods)

I'll be passing (not that blunt, though - I prefer vaping ;))

Post

Wow, that Softube deal came in just in time.

Wanted to buy Model 84 the other day (already discounted price: €69 Euro) but kept on thinking about my GAS diagnosis.

Haha, they know how to eventually convince me. :) :borg:

Post

Milkman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm Any number of old, cheap, throwaway processors from Glitchmachines, Cableguys, etc, could do more than this does. Any average DAW can do everything this does.
I guess it wasn't for you and that's ok.
I love it, it does what says on the tin. Perfect to add variance to a static drum machine without much fuss.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Post

kidslow wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 pm
Milkman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 pm Grabbed this earlier, and yeah you get 50GB+ of DRM-free samples along with the rest of it. Im trying out Krotos Studio for fun, but probably wont keep it beyond the 90 days because I just dont do enough cinematic or game sound design. The Concept2 synth isnt bad.
Does Krotos Studio include additional samples (beyond the Starter and Fundamentals libraries) that can be exported or saved off prior to expiration? I watched a demo of it, so I get the general gist, but just curious if they keep the internal samples locked up in a proprietary format, or if you can access the WAV files "under the cover" of it.
They do appear to keep the samples from "Krotos Studio" encrypted and locked inside the interface, yeah I just checked, but the starter and fundamental libraries combined add up to a large amount of similar content and they are DRM-free.

If I wanted to get some value out of this during the free trial, I would generate samples with it (which it does very easily) and just drag/drop them out, then cancel the trial before they charge me. That's my plan anyway.

Post

l33t4e wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:44 am
Milkman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 pm
wfm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:02 pm So on the 5 item KROTOS Humble Bundle deal. It says Studio expires after 90 days. Does that mean that the associated 51GB Library is no longer usable? Or is the library .wav and you can still use the SFX? Thanks to anyone in the know.
Grabbed this earlier, and yeah you get 50GB+ of DRM-free samples along with the rest of it. Im trying out Krotos Studio for fun, but probably wont keep it beyond the 90 days because I just dont do enough cinematic or game sound design. The Concept2 synth isnt bad.
How does the 51 GB library compare to UVI Xtreme FX 1 and 2?
I wish I knew! I dont own UVI (but I wish I did!)

Post

Examigan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:50 am I just checked after logging in. I already have Model 84 and my price is $39. Not bad for those other products, but I'm a bit on the fence about the upgrade.
Worth getting it for British Class A if you don't already have some good Neve plugins. I assume you do, though, so maybe not? Tape is cool for Studio One users since it loads as an MFX.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”