Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 pm I would not call what it does "Bitwig level randomizations"
I think you misunderstood Uncle E's question.
Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am My DAWs add more automated variance than this.
Which DAWs? How do you do it? I don't think Studio One or Luna offer any kinds of randomization.
Your post left me wondering if you meant Bitwig's Modulators (like the Random LFO), and if I understand Uncle E's question correctly, that was what he was asking about.

Post

Examigan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:54 am I can't remember for sure, but I think I might have at least couple Neve plugins.
I have IK Total Studio Max 3.5 and many plugins from Plugin Alliance plus some others effect plugins.

EDIT: I just checked, and from Plugin Alliance I have bx_Console N and a few others that aren't Neve related. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which ones in TRackS may be Neve emulations?
Just a personal opinion, as someone who sold my T-Racks (and now regrets it) IK's best stuff is tape emulations, space delay, fame and sunset studio reverbs, after that their comprexxor is in my opinion better than people give them credit, everything else is...ok. Their Neve (73 & 81) stuff is decent, but not the best.

So, as someone who has demoed Softube, IK and PA, Softube always comes out on top for me. PA (brainworx specifically) are also great, but it's a matter of preferrence.

I do have to say, that price-wise, PA is (was before Francisco Partners) the best choice for value.

Sorry for my little ad campaign here lol.
Last edited by wayford on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://wayford.gumroad.com/

Amethyst for ANA 2, WPC for Logic Pro coming soon.

Post

Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:58 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:51 pm
Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am They plan to sell this... for $39. My DAWs add more automated variance than this.
Which DAWs? How do you do it? I don't think Studio One or Luna offer any kinds of randomization.
Valhalla Supermassive or Freq Echo adds variance to static sounds, as well, and are totally free.
If someone is trying to add spice and subtle movement, these two plugins seem like a bad idea.
I use Cubase and Bitwig, & I have experience with Live and FL Studio. I could do any of these basic things, lol, in any of those DAWs -- even the basic editions of those DAWs. I expected most people in this community who looked at the actual features of this tool and/or listened to what came out of it would share my opinion, but no? Not today eh? lol ok.

The "spice and subtle movement" can be done for free, it can be done minimally and with basic DAW features, and if you need THAT much convenience (basic automation is too hard/too many steps) just to make "spice" in your sound, then there are some great "AI" products and brands you should check out! :D They, too, offer absolute convenience.
Man , you have a real mean spirit a completely crappy attitude and you still didnt answer the question. Dont bother for me...I'll never see anything from you
Im sorry critical reality is so terrible for you. Im so sorry. I hate that I cant participate in helping to over-value music creation plugins that arent worth it, in a SEA OF PLUGINS that arent worth it, but no matter how hard you try I wont write dishonestly for any product in existence. So sorry.
Uncle E asked you a simple question. You went onto a bleating spree. No wonder noone is taking you seriously.

I just hope noone will be quoting your messages.

Post

Hahahahaha. I’m going to call my next band Bleating Spree!!! Thanks.

Post

midi sentinel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:58 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:51 pm
Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am They plan to sell this... for $39. My DAWs add more automated variance than this.
Which DAWs? How do you do it? I don't think Studio One or Luna offer any kinds of randomization.
Valhalla Supermassive or Freq Echo adds variance to static sounds, as well, and are totally free.
If someone is trying to add spice and subtle movement, these two plugins seem like a bad idea.
I use Cubase and Bitwig, & I have experience with Live and FL Studio. I could do any of these basic things, lol, in any of those DAWs -- even the basic editions of those DAWs. I expected most people in this community who looked at the actual features of this tool and/or listened to what came out of it would share my opinion, but no? Not today eh? lol ok.

The "spice and subtle movement" can be done for free, it can be done minimally and with basic DAW features, and if you need THAT much convenience (basic automation is too hard/too many steps) just to make "spice" in your sound, then there are some great "AI" products and brands you should check out! :D They, too, offer absolute convenience.
Man , you have a real mean spirit a completely crappy attitude and you still didnt answer the question. Dont bother for me...I'll never see anything from you
Im sorry critical reality is so terrible for you. Im so sorry. I hate that I cant participate in helping to over-value music creation plugins that arent worth it, in a SEA OF PLUGINS that arent worth it, but no matter how hard you try I wont write dishonestly for any product in existence. So sorry.
Uncle E asked you a simple question. You went onto a bleating spree. No wonder noone is taking you seriously.

I just hope noone will be quoting your messages.
When I was small, I always liked connecting our family camera to the tv and then pointing it at that tv. This thread looks like that feedback loop.
https://wayford.gumroad.com/

Amethyst for ANA 2, WPC for Logic Pro coming soon.

Post

and...couldn't resist the Softube Essentials Collection. The Model 84 is great isn't it?

Closest I've come to a real 108 is playing a 60 in a store back in the day. I love easy to use analogue Rolands (and their SW equivalents, when done well)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Post

midi sentinel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:58 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:51 pm
Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am They plan to sell this... for $39. My DAWs add more automated variance than this.
Which DAWs? How do you do it? I don't think Studio One or Luna offer any kinds of randomization.
Valhalla Supermassive or Freq Echo adds variance to static sounds, as well, and are totally free.
If someone is trying to add spice and subtle movement, these two plugins seem like a bad idea.
I use Cubase and Bitwig, & I have experience with Live and FL Studio. I could do any of these basic things, lol, in any of those DAWs -- even the basic editions of those DAWs. I expected most people in this community who looked at the actual features of this tool and/or listened to what came out of it would share my opinion, but no? Not today eh? lol ok.

The "spice and subtle movement" can be done for free, it can be done minimally and with basic DAW features, and if you need THAT much convenience (basic automation is too hard/too many steps) just to make "spice" in your sound, then there are some great "AI" products and brands you should check out! :D They, too, offer absolute convenience.
Man , you have a real mean spirit a completely crappy attitude and you still didnt answer the question. Dont bother for me...I'll never see anything from you
Im sorry critical reality is so terrible for you. Im so sorry. I hate that I cant participate in helping to over-value music creation plugins that arent worth it, in a SEA OF PLUGINS that arent worth it, but no matter how hard you try I wont write dishonestly for any product in existence. So sorry.
Uncle E asked you a simple question. You went onto a bleating spree. No wonder noone is taking you seriously.

I just hope noone will be quoting your messages.
Its so sad that people think anyone owes them a positive review for a bad piece of software. You may be trying to change the culture to where KVR is LinkedIn for music brands, lol, as I said earlier, but Im not here for it and I wont be lying about products to protect brands from losing money. No. You can try to miscategorize what I wrote all you want, but anyone can review these details for themselves, see that the software is throwaway, and conclude for themselves. Dont take my word for it.

Post

cptgone wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 pm I would not call what it does "Bitwig level randomizations"
I think you misunderstood Uncle E's question.
Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 am
Milkman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am My DAWs add more automated variance than this.
Which DAWs? How do you do it? I don't think Studio One or Luna offer any kinds of randomization.
Your post left me wondering if you meant Bitwig's Modulators (like the Random LFO), and if I understand Uncle E's question correctly, that was what he was asking about.
Its weird how many times Ive had to explain this, and how many times people act like there is some sort of communication problem.

This the last effort I will make to crack thick skulls. The plugin does extremely;y simple processing and does not affect the dry sound very much at all, and the basic effects it toggles are BASIC EFFECTS that most DAWs come with, not to mention probably 50+ simple, cheap plugins released in the last 5 years alone.

I dont know why this sort of analysis is so emotional and upsetting for some, unless *actual* stakeholders and brand managers now run the floor in every discussion about product feedback, but again - Im not here for it.

Talk to KVR admin and see if you can find a way to just shut down honest criticism (make it against the rules to criticize brands) so that you dont have to clutch your pearls so damn tightly when someone doesnt LOOOOOVE the plugin you think is great. Try to fix it, then you dont have to listen to honest criticism and everything will sound like a Pluginboutique marketing video.

Post

Bro, I just want you to tell me how to do Bitwig-style randomizations in DAW's that aren't Bitwig! :tantrum:

Post

It’s about LFOs and dialectal materialism. Common features of class-conscious DAWs.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Post

Image
:cry:
Last edited by cptgone on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post

Bitwig is the universe:

Everything in life is vibration (oscillators)

The universe tends towards disorder (noise)

Particles and forces are interconnected at the subatomic level (patch cords)

Time is an illusion that moves relative to an observer (filters)

Post

"If it stinks everywhere you go, then maybe you stink." Of course, it stinks a lot of places I go, so I'm guilty as hell.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Post

It's the Prime Modulator.

Post

btw, I installed Randomachine, and while it's not going to take the world by storm, it does what I was hoping for. Set trigger to Sync and Pitch, Pan, and Ambience to 10 (forget its other effects), and it gives nice subtle movement to static sounds. A lot of people probably won't need it but Luna is particularly ineffective when it comes to things like this.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”