Ubuntu: Possible bug: Tracktion Download Manager invisible icon.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I've found a possible bug with the icon of the Tracktion Download Manager on Ubuntu 24.04 (not sure about earlier versions). Basically the icon is not rendering correctly and so appears blank. The attached screenshots show the issue as follows:

1. The Ubuntu sidebar shows the blank icon - in my example I have pinned the download manager between Reaper and Waveform.
2. If I browse to /usr/share/pixmaps (the location of the icon images) using the Gnome files app, the icon preview for the download manger is not rendering, whereas the Waveform icon is previewed fine.

This suggests to me a possible formatting problem with the download manager icon. Would be good to fix this if possible.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

BTW, if I open the thumbnail in GIMP, then export it back out (over-writing the original), then the icon works.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

Attaching the working icon file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for the new icon.
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

Return to “Tracktion”