What is a good world sample library I could buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good afternoon everyone! I'm looking forward to buying a world sample library, so I can make ethnic-styled songs! I'm ok with anything compatible with iLok (I own the dongle), EW Opus, or the full version of Kontakt. I would like something under 200 USD with good sample quality. What are your recommendations? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts 8)

More expensive than you want, but UVI World Suite is incredibly vast and good quality (for the most part). Divided by geographical region and by instrument. Expensive and a relatively big download but I think you'd have to try really hard not to find the sounds you're after there. The quality does vary a bit- vocal loops and drums sound great, stuff like bagpies sound pretty average.

NI Komplete has a bunch of nice ethnic libraries. I really like the West African and Indian libraries. Less versatile than World Suite, but beautifully sampled and well constructed for playing.

Although i tend to go more for basic percussion loops and edit them in Cubase, so to add some "ethnic" flavour, I like the Thomas Penton loop collection.

swilow11 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:42 am More expensive than you want, but UVI World Suite is incredibly vast and good quality (for the most part). Divided by geographical region and by instrument. Expensive and a relatively big download but I think you'd have to try really hard not to find the sounds you're after there. The quality does vary a bit- vocal loops and drums sound great, stuff like bagpies sound pretty average.

NI Komplete has a bunch of nice ethnic libraries. I really like the West African and Indian libraries. Less versatile than World Suite, but beautifully sampled and well constructed for playing.

Although i tend to go more for basic percussion loops and edit them in Cubase, so to add some "ethnic" flavour, I like the Thomas Penton loop collection.
Thank you very much! Which edition of Komplete are you referring to?

Komplete Standard 14. You can also purchase the specific instruments separately but that will add up quickly...

West Africa library is part of the less expensive 'Komplete Select' collection, which should qualify you for future discounts during seasonal NI sales. Select also includes the Prism reaktor based synth,
and the Reaktor Player will then alow using the free Steampipe II ensemble, and a lot of synth based ethnic possibilities can be in play. If you have the full Reaktor, this extensive collection has quite a few world music ensembles, and some wonderful effects. It used to be donationware, and is free at this point in time:

http://boscomac.free.fr/

Cheers

UVI world suite is pretty dang fun

Perhaps Museo 1, but the price has been going up.

glokraw wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 am West Africa library is part of the less expensive 'Komplete Select' collection, which should qualify you for future discounts during seasonal NI sales. Select also includes the Prism reaktor based synth,
and the Reaktor Player will then alow using the free Steampipe II ensemble, and a lot of synth based ethnic possibilities can be in play. If you have the full Reaktor, this extensive collection has quite a few world music ensembles, and some wonderful effects. It used to be donationware, and is free at this point in time:

Cheers
I am indeed an owner of Komplete Select, along with the full version of Reaktor 6! I totally forgot about this site, thanks so much!

rj0 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:46 am Perhaps Museo 1, but the price has been going up.
Who's the manufacturer?

Musio (sorry, misspelled) is a spinoff from Cinesamples. Musio 1 is a set collection (non-subscription).

glokraw wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 am West Africa library is part of the less expensive 'Komplete Select' collection, which should qualify you for future discounts during seasonal NI sales. Select also includes the Prism reaktor based synth,

Cheers
Wow, those are some fantastic little Reaktor ensembles. The Koto one sounds wonderful. Are these physically modelled or sample based? Either way, really creative stuff here.

Return to “Instruments”