ADAPTR Hype

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

db3 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:56 am While this is sold by PA and labelled as ADPTR I see it's actually an UrsaDSP product. Their Boost (sold by Devious Machines) seems to get much praise.
This is correct. Dave from Ursa did the dynamics DSP, but he's also responsible for what the they're calling "trajectory technology", which allows harmonics to be applied without affecting dynamics, and vice-versa. Interestingly, the ADPTR site says Jatin Chowdhury did the actual harmonics DSP, but this definitely seems to mostly be Dave's baby. As with Boost, this is not a unique category of processor, but it is extremely unique in its approach and result.

fuckin slaps, will definitely be buying on one of those unhinged PA sales

I was hoping this would similar to Mathew Lane's DrMS, but it's not sadly for me.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Very impressed after demo-ing a good hour!

Hey All,
Sorry that I missed this thread and thanks for your interest. To fill in some of the speculation, this is a joint effort. HYPE is there to fill a niche identified by ADPTR by pooling our strengths. In short, we're both enthusiastic about making new ways to solve problems rather than giving you more emulations of old hardware.

Based on user feedback we've just put out a new update (1.0.1) that fixes a couple of small issues but also addresses some user confusion by making some controls more visible on the UI.

We also have a roadmap of further updates coming. I recommend joining the ADPTR and UrsaDSP mailing lists and following our socials to keep up to date with these.

Thanks!
Dave@UrsaDSP

p.s. If you have any more feedback, please leave it here. We take it all on board.

1.0.1 Change Log
DSP Fix : Soft Bypass in/out gains were not bypassed correctly.
UI Fix : Bypass Message did not always display on VST version.
DSP Fix : Resolved an issue where bypassing could diminish sides signal, impacting null tests.
UI Enhanced : Select Clipper mode / bypass now above Output meter.
UI Enhanced : Toggle X-Over mode : Linear / Zero Latency to above Output meter.
UI Enhanced : Add Hover on knob now reveals parameter value.
UI Enhanced : Made Peak and RMS meters brighter.
UI Fix : Fixed occasional tearing in graphics.
Presets: More Presets have been added to the library.

Many thanks for pushing this update so quickly, Dave. Normally PA updates take months!!

Not too much hype about this one after all...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Doesn't help that they exclude the adptr plugins from most of their sales

This one's too new for their sales anyway...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I love tools like this, seems almost like a cross between OTT & Supercharger. I dig the dynamics processing in SCULPT, so am excited to try it. However, it's hard to get hyped with pricing like this:
HYPE-pa.png
I guess I'll wait a while :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TBlake wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 pm Many thanks for pushing this update so quickly, Dave. Normally PA updates take months!!
You're very welcome!

Here's the video summary of the changes in 1.0.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3tpAyx5HP8

Return to “Effects”