Sampling kicks with hihats on top?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've had sampled some nick kicks in Logic but most of them have some hihats etc in the middle of the kick or right on top.

Are there any techniques to get rid of it? I've seen some tutorials but it was years ago...

Thanks! :phones:

RX can erase them but really just leave them in.

Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:08 am RX can erase them but really just leave them in.
RX?

Seriously, though, just leave them in.

Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 am Seriously, though, just leave them in.
Don't really like that idea. :borg:

Then get RX. Acon Digital Acoustica Premium also does it.

Uncle E wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:39 am Then get RX. Acon Digital Acoustica Premium also does it.
Is RX able to remove hihat from the top of the kick? FL Studio now has sound separation option too but it won't remove hihats.

isuckatproducing wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:31 am Are there any techniques to get rid of it? I've seen some tutorials but it was years ago...
Any spectral editing tool can do this. The best known is Isotope RX. There is also a
spectral editing tool from Steinberg. And Reaper can even do spectral editing by default.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Work around the hat and use it to your advatage, or rx, but thats a lot of mula.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

LFO Tool or similar in band split mode. Select only high frequencies and shorten the envelope decay as much as you like and bounce the result.

Another way

Duplicate the sample
Put Eq on both. One Low Pass other Hi Pass. Adjust frequencies and shorten the hi passed one until you like the sound.

For hi hats sounding after Kick automate the eq so lowpass activates right before the hat and bounce the result.

andypryce wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 am LFO Tool or similar in band split mode. Select only high frequencies and shorten the envelope decay as much as you like and bounce the result.

Another way

Duplicate the sample
Put Eq on both. One Low Pass other Hi Pass. Adjust frequencies and shorten the hi passed one until you like the sound.

For hi hats sounding after Kick automate the eq so lowpass activates right before the hat and bounce the result.
Good tips but Im mostly interested in few first milliseconds just to extract that clicky punch to layer with synthesised kicks. So the HiHat is always an issue, I have tried first tip but wasn’t completely satisfactory. Thanks though. 🫡

The demo version of RX is fully functional for 10 days. Download it and you’ll see what we mean, you can literally erase the hihat with it. I believe the $49 RX Elements version can also do it:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/downloads.html

isuckatproducing wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:29 pm
andypryce wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 am LFO Tool or similar in band split mode. Select only high frequencies and shorten the envelope decay as much as you like and bounce the result.

Another way

Duplicate the sample

Good tips but Im mostly interested in few first milliseconds just to extract that clicky punch to layer with synthesised kicks. So the HiHat is always an issue, I have tried first tip but wasn’t completely satisfactory. Thanks though. 🫡
Ah gottcha. I thought you were after the low/body stuff :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”