Filling a small gap in the U-he catalog

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would love for U-he to buy Cakewalk's forgotten Dimension Pro sample-based synth with it's sfz support. Maybe instead of a cash transaction, do some horse-trading of code. I think it would be a great fit with the current synth collection and Hive wavetable capabilities. Probably wouldn't boost the Kontakt sales stats :wink:
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:09 pm I would love for U-he to buy Cakewalk's forgotten Dimension Pro sample-based synth with it's sfz support. Maybe instead of a cash transaction, do some horse-trading of code. I think it would be a great fit with the current synth collection and Hive wavetable capabilities. Probably wouldn't boost the Kontakt sales stats :wink:
Cheers
Yes, that would be very nice! And make it available for Linux! :D
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I'd love to see a u-he Drum Machine based on synthesis like Tremor.

Watched some Tremor videos, and yes, all those U-he percussion sounds would be nice in such a machine! Shakin' things up :hyper:
I wonder how much of that may exist in the dungeon's parts bin?

Yeah, we have a concept for some kind of drum/multitimbral "player" kind of instrument. We just have next to no time to work on this.

It would have slots to be filled by either samples or any of our synths. You know, a way to harness the many great drum sounds available for Hive, Zebra etc. but without needing to create and manage a dozen instances.

Not having a dedicated saturation/distortion plugin in your catalog is a crime.

jtsterays wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 pm Not having a dedicated saturation/distortion plugin in your catalog is a crime.
Absolutely! Guilty!

Off topic but u talked about a new Diva module few months ago, what happened to that?

jtsterays wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:08 pm Off topic but u talked about a new Diva module few months ago, what happened to that?
Still sitting there. Sometimes I have a burst of productivity where I take a week or two off from day to day business, and that's where some of the good things happen. But in this case I ended up writing new analysis tools for us because I couldn't get what I needed from whatever is on the market. But then I have to drag myself away from these things, because deadlines, and that's I think when I crunched away towards Zebralette 3's NAMM debut.

Since then I have worked on a pretty spectacular aliasing free low CPU oscillator for analogue models - which will debut at Superbooth -, and for the presentation of which (and the inclusion of Zebralette 3 in a modular performance) I have revisited the analysis tools, which not only helped me create a sample set of but also analyse bugs in Zebralette 3.

So if that's all cryptic and stuff, it sure is, my team always freaks out when I talk about things I'm working on that are nowhere near finished. I just get too excited with this stuff, and sometimes I have to put it aside and wait a year or two to pick it back up. Like work on Z3, or new filter/distortion modes for Runciter.

Anyone of your team who could drive Diva forward? Imho, if you add one more module, the modulation matrix from Hive / Zebra 3, an updated skin and a few minor things - that would already be good enough for a Diva 2 release.

I'm asking because Diva is still my most used / favorite synth :)
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Everyone is working on either Uhbik or Zebra, or both (well, both probably means "all/many products", such as MPE support, preset management, UI improvements).

Well, Diva is our most important synth. We just released an update last October, and more updates are already in the pipeline. New models will eventually happen, too, probably some time after Z3 or Uhbik 2 then...

Sounds good, thanks for the update!
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Urs wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:27 am Yeah, we have a concept for some kind of drum/multitimbral "player" kind of instrument. We just have next to no time to work on this.

It would have slots to be filled by either samples or any of our synths. You know, a way to harness the many great drum sounds available for Hive, Zebra etc. but without needing to create and manage a dozen instances.
I fell out of my chair when I read Urs mention using samples... I still feel dazed two days later!

Urs wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:19 pm Everyone is working on either Uhbik or Zebra, or both (well, both probably means "all/many products", such as MPE support, preset management, UI improvements).

Well, Diva is our most important synth. We just released an update last October, and more updates are already in the pipeline. New models will eventually happen, too, probably some time after Z3 or Uhbik 2 then...
I don't know if you've gotten the chance to checkout LegendHZ yet, but the Mod Matrix and MSEGs in particular make me think, "Oh God, I want this so bad in Diva 2.0". Some day I hope to see something like that.

Urs wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:19 pm Everyone is working on either Uhbik or Zebra, or both (well, both probably means "all/many products", such as MPE support, preset management, UI improvements).

Z3 as in Zebralette 3 or Zebra 3?

Return to “u-he”