AIR Music Tech announces Open Beta: Apple Silicon and Windows 11 support for classic plugins

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought my licenses on pluginboutique and registered and activated on my iLok account. So my email is not registered on your website but thru iLok only. Still you might always add all your customers from iLok to your own website too....

DarkS474 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm I bought my licenses on pluginboutique and registered and activated on my iLok account. So my email is not registered on your website but thru iLok only. Still you might always add all your customers from iLok to your own website too....
There are some GDPR and technical issues around this, which make adding 3rd party purchases not possible with iLok. Our new series of Plugins using our account-based activation offer this. iLok does not make all of this data available to publishers unless you expressly opt in.

If you are looking for Beta downloads please visit https://www.airmusictech.com/beta-download.html
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Any idea when old licences will get transferred to the new InMusic account where all the new licences are, it is way more convenient?
We plan to do this for all direct purchases and where customers have provided their details on 3rd party purchases in the coming months.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Will you be posting announcements for newer builds? I assume that at some point we'll see another round of releases, if nothing but to fix the installer issues.

sbangs_air wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 am

Any idea when old licences will get transferred to the new InMusic account where all the new licences are, it is way more convenient?
We plan to do this for all direct purchases and where customers have provided their details on 3rd party purchases in the coming months.
Will it be enough to provide details about AIR iLok licenses? I don't have the original details in terms of where I bought them or with what email. It was quite a while back. :neutral:

Wow, this was a nice surprise ! :D

Anyone else having a problem with the licensing for Loom II ?

I got mine as part of the AIEP package, but somehow Ilok doesn't see the Loom license, this is the only one giving me an issue though.

I submitted a bug report with AIR at the feedback site, but haven't heard anything back yet.
I didn't know if there was something stupid that I had to do to get it to be seen, like de-activate and re-activate or something like that...

Other than that everything else has been working great. :clap:
Would still love window re-sizing, but I know... it's just the first beta. :wink:

Thanks AIR, very happy ! :party:

- Jay

Will it be enough to provide details about AIR iLok licenses? I don't have the original details in terms of where I bought them or with what email. It was quite a while back. :neutral:
In the future, you can request a registration for these in the new account. Stay tuned for more.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands

Bug Music wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:07 pm Wow, this was a nice surprise ! :D

Anyone else having a problem with the licensing for Loom II ?

I got mine as part of the AIEP package, but somehow Ilok doesn't see the Loom license, this is the only one giving me an issue though.

- Jay
Thanks very much for your help and support.
Loom II was not sold as part of AIEP. You might have upgraded separately previously and would have a separate code if so :)
Digital Team

inMusic Brands

I got quite a few crashes in Nuendo on PC last night after installing it, one on Mac in Cubase..

The reporting link doesn't seem to have a way of attaching crash logs.

rsp
sound sculptist

sbangs_air wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:51 pm
In the future, you can request a registration for these in the new account. Stay tuned for more.
Sounds great, Thanks. :tu:

sbangs_air wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:15 pm We at AIR Music Tech deeply appreciate the patience and loyalty of long-standing customers. We understand that the wait for Apple Silicon and VST3 compatibility has been frustrating for many of them.
No, you don't. If you valued your "long-standing customers" then you'd be addressing the resizeable GUI requests that haven been coming in over the last decade or so.

Apple Silicon, Win 11, and VST 3 support means nothing if the plugins are too small to use.

I own dozens of Air plugins and I'd be happy to get real Hybrid 3 and XPand!2 updates. But as long as the GUI issues remain unaddressed and they still require the iLok virus then I have no intention of ever using any of them again.

For me it's way too little way too late. Every one of your legacy plugins can be replaced by more modern up to date options so quite frankly I see no reason to heap praise on you for this latest weak move.

Sorry if that's harsh Simon but that's the nature of business.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Personally I'm just glad I was wrong about these plugins being depreciated. I sincerely expected them not to be updated for modern OS's, especially since Akai and Air (InMusic) have been releasing suspiciously similar plugins that can run on standalone MPC's, the electric piano, tube synth etc. etc. That doesn't point to money spent on updating older plugin "versions", but I really hope I'm wrong.

Plus, it has to be stated what a PR mess it is not to address the GUI concerns raised by at least a half dozen people in this thread. Even saying you can't comment at this time is better than openly ignoring the question.

please update Drum Synth 500 or give owners a free crossgrade to the other drum synth plugin.

that is, if you genuinely "deeply appreciate the patience and loyalty of long-standing customers".

it hasn't worked on mac for yeeeeaars. and dare i point out the so called "update" that was in fact just a renaming of the existing file. That was shady as hell.

sbangs_air wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:52 pm Thanks very much for your help and support.
Loom II was not sold as part of AIEP. You might have upgraded separately previously and would have a separate code if so :)
Hi Simon,
DOH ! :dog:
You're absolutely correct, I do in fact have Loom ver.1 that came with AIEP not Loom II ugh sorry. :?
I didn't even notice in the downloading/installing frenzy of updating everything.

Thanks for the quick response, everything else is still working great here, and very happy to see development activity on the older stuff !

So in the same vein of Loom 1 not getting updated (as it's been replaced with Loom II), is it safe to assume that Drumsynth 500 will not get updated either since Drumsynth has been released ?

Thanks !

...and I will say again DOH !

- Jay

Return to “AIR Music Technology”