Waveform Instruments

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the inpression that the majority of plugin Instruments currently on offer from Tracktion are geared toward cinematic composition...is it just me
Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (30.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

https://soundclick.com/guerillagenus

Not sure I've noticed, but my current aim is to produce music that sounds like it's been played on real instruments, even if it hasn't, and the duration of anything will be under six minutes. Songs rather than "pieces". So I've not delved into anything like film music or classical or even synth music, athough I might well do eventually.

This far into the history of DAWs, there's no real need for them to come with plug-in instruments and - not that I'm suggesting you do, but reviews of DAWs often do - DAWs should not be judged on their accompanying plug-ins except when there are good ones included. There are thousands of free or inexpensive plug-ins and many people stick to the ones that work for them. Those that change DAWs will often be able to use the plug-ins they used on their previous DAWs.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I agree with Jabe.

Tracktion as a company provides a huge variety of synths, from ROMplers, to FM, to wavetable, to subtractive, to whatever the heck BioTek is. Even the ROMpler, Collective, has very powerful FM and subtractive tools. If you count their marketing partners, Spacecraft is a phenomenal granular synth that I love to tinker with.

Many of these are provided with Waveform (or at least, with Pro) at no extra cost. Use them or not, and I largely don't. Waveform is certainly capable of loading everything else I use as a plugin.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

F'em is an fm synth doing normal fm stuff. Hyperion is a modular beast that can do all sorts, but you need to dig deep and get your head around the modular concept. Dawesome stuff is perhaps geared towards ambient at first glance but you can get funky with novum and myth, haven't dug into kult yet. So cinematic? I wouldn't say that at all. (assuming you are including all the synths on offer, not just the included ones)

Do you mean instruments that come with all versions of Waveform, instruments that come with the PRO version of Waveform, instruments that are made by TSC, or instruments that are made by 3rd parties but are distributed through TSC?

I get the feeling you mean the last one, even though it's the least match with your subject line.

Maybe this perception of cinematic synths comes from the association with Dawesome. Abyss, KULT, Myth and Novum are all synths that are non-standard in their approach to making sounds.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”