Replicant 3 by Audio Damage is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:15 am Yeah, that’s where this conversation started. I reported frequent crashing with no pattern. You just had to use it for a bit and it would go down after a while, seemingly at random. I was told that wasn’t enough for them to replicate it, but quite obviously other people are having issues with their plugins as well.
Sounds like the normal 'this is not our problem - please go away now' mail that you have to go through with every support these days.

Maybe making a short screengrab/movie will help?

I recently had a support matter with a video editing software and it took about one week of back and forth with emailing the support until I recorded the issue as simply as I could. Then they understood.

/C
COFFEE for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:32 am
zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:15 am Yeah, that’s where this conversation started. I reported frequent crashing with no pattern. You just had to use it for a bit and it would go down after a while, seemingly at random. I was told that wasn’t enough for them to replicate it, but quite obviously other people are having issues with their plugins as well.
Sounds like the normal 'this is not our problem - please go away now' mail that you have to go through with every support these days.

Maybe making a short screengrab/movie will help?

I recently had a support matter with a video editing software and it took about one week of back and forth with emailing the support until I recorded the issue as simply as I could. Then they understood.

/C
AD’s particularly bad about it though. For a while I couldn’t get Dubstation to authorize on my machine and their response was basically, “yeah, it should work fine. Sorry.”
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 am AD’s particularly bad about it though. For a while I couldn’t get Dubstation to authorize on my machine and their response was basically, “yeah, it should work fine. Sorry.”
Yeah. They've always been like that.
COFFEE for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:15 am
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:02 am
Don't want to be that guy to try to turn bad things into good, but if only Audio Damage brings Bitwig down, that should be a goldmine of information for Bitwig to find out ways to make it even more secure.

Has anyone reported the crashing to Bitwig?

/Carl
Yeah, that’s where this conversation started. I reported frequent crashing with no pattern. You just had to use it for a bit and it would go down after a while, seemingly at random. I was told that wasn’t enough for them to replicate it, but quite obviously other people are having issues with their plugins as well.
But he asked whether you also reported it to Bitwig, not just AD. ;-)

jens wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:47 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:15 am
DrGonzo wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:02 am
Don't want to be that guy to try to turn bad things into good, but if only Audio Damage brings Bitwig down, that should be a goldmine of information for Bitwig to find out ways to make it even more secure.

Has anyone reported the crashing to Bitwig?

/Carl
Yeah, that’s where this conversation started. I reported frequent crashing with no pattern. You just had to use it for a bit and it would go down after a while, seemingly at random. I was told that wasn’t enough for them to replicate it, but quite obviously other people are having issues with their plugins as well.
But he asked whether you also reported it to Bitwig, not just AD. ;-)
Ah, sorry. Yes. I did. They asked if I contacted the developer. :lol: I’d have perused it further, but the Audio Damage plugins are the only ones I’ve had trouble with, which points to the developer.

Anyway, I like Audio Damage plugins. I always have. I think I own most of them, but when I think back to the issues I’ve had with plugins, it’s been Audio Damage. On its own, that wouldn’t prevent me from buying from them again, but the way they deal with requests… it’s really unacceptable. I mean, lie for f’s sake. Just tell me they’re working on it. They just seem like they can’t be bothered, which leaves me thinking I should not bother to give them any money.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Didn`t get an email from PB, but found the Replicant 3 upgrade link here:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/10364

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:53 pm They just seem like they can’t be bothered, which leaves me thinking I should not bother to give them any money.
Yeah... Especially as the don't allow transfer now either. It's a strange attitude though, I contacted them about a reseller mistakenly offering the full version of a plug instead of the demo, never heard back (though maybe they did act on it...)

Please, stop complaining.
Users should know… it’s Audio “Damage” after all :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

panspOrmia wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:51 pm Didn`t get an email from PB, but found the Replicant 3 upgrade link here:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/10364
Thanks, I tried contacting PB support but never got a reply so good find.

Is the upgrade worth the $20, version 2 to version 3?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Has anyone actually tried it or are y’all just complaining about AD? :hihi:

Anyway, apparently it’s no longer possible to randomize the size parameter and let it jump between different time signatures, i.e. 1/4T, 1/8, 1/4D and so on, it stays confined to the selected base signature (Normal, Dotted etc). Do I have this right, can anyone confirm?

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:35 pm Is the upgrade worth the $20, version 2 to version 3?
I think so, yes. Better UI and usability, more effects, M1 native. €20 is a fair price, imho.

wow really good to know i still have some older plugins from them i think they are now all freeware, need to be careful they wont break any time soon, i checked their new products and was kinda interested but nah, money saved, not giving such a company and time anymore. enough companies out there having bad support. still good companies which are the opposite and deserve it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

:dog: double post..
Last edited by panspOrmia on Mon May 20, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi

I have run AD plugins for years, they don't stand out as any more culpable of crashing than other brands.

I think the support issue 'is what it is' unfortunately, but I would say that in my experience the more information you can give them the more likely they are to follow up - I mean, when you think about it they would have (I would expect) tested their plug on ALL the main DAW's and it would have worked flawlessly in those tests.

It is not just the plug or the DAW, in many cases it is the specific hardware, drivers or configuration that causes problems - BITWIG has a crash log as far as I remember, can't that be sent to AD and Bitwig for scrutiny?

Return to “Effects”