Will A.I. rule the world?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

And now.....to avoid too much non music related mumbo jumbo.
https://youtu.be/BJ02nAt1G6U?si=oMmzr_UgL1FYMc13

Post


Post


Post

how hard can it be for alien invaders to rule the world?
makes me wonder why they haven't done it yet
okay maybe they already have
or or or maybe they haven't cos...
all aliens are advanced and invasion is stupid to them?
or maybe there are no aliens at all...
even if the possibilty is so great for aliens to exist

besides, does it matter who/what rules the world?
deal with it when it happens
there are other things to immediately deal with?

like me, i'm trying to decide whether i shoud learn spanish
i could just use really good language translators instead
devices probably designed by aliens
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Post

harryupbabble wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:59 am besides, does it matter who/what rules the world?
deal with it when it happens
there are other things to immediately deal with?
Well, my guess is that if more intelligent beings ruled the world, they would ban all this pollution and wrecking of nature, at least.

Post

osiris wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:16 am EVERYBODY wants to rule the world. I heard that in a song.
I think I read that the original title for the classic Tears for Fears song was "Everybody Wants to Start a War" or something like that. I'm not kidding.

But the band members and their producer thought "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" sounded less overtly political and catchier and the rest is history. No alien invasion required for world domination with that song! :hihi:

Post

gaf_thit wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:15 am Well, my guess is that if more intelligent beings ruled the world, they would ban all this pollution and wrecking of nature, at least.
Here, here. We dumb apes (i.e., humans) probably don't even deserve to survive as a species because we are so stupidly destroying the only planet in the universe that we know of that can support "intelligent" life.

Perhaps our AI (as in Artificial Intelligence) successors will thrive on a planet that has become inhospitable to biological life. Perhaps that's the trajectory of all intelligence/consciousness in the universe. I know that sounds "out there" and "wacky." But it's probably true and would help explain the "Fermi Paradox" to some degree. AI might be perfectly content living in an amazing "dreamworld" of their creation and have no interest in exploring the physical universe.

Post

I heard this very compelling argument about how humans were genetically altered to become humans. There were points made I can't dispute.

Post

Rule the world? What world?

The one we sprinkle with nukes in a few days or the one where we kill each other over greed and social constructs? People will will stay behind the sterring wheel till the very end. Whatever people decide to do with the world, AI will help them to do it quicker.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Post

osiris wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 5:36 am I heard this very compelling argument about how humans were genetically altered to become humans. There were points made I can't dispute.
well, in one sense its true.
if there hadn't been some alteration of the genes, we'd still be monkeys, or amoeba, depending how far back you're talking.

there is however, no evidence to suggest, this was ever done intentionally, outside ancient texts, as part of the creation myth.
these can of course be ignored, as we know humans existed before through science.

Post


Post

Image
This is NOT made up.

Post

gaf_thit wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:15 am Well, my guess is that if more intelligent beings ruled the world, they would ban all this pollution and wrecking of nature, at least.
Nature, in all her forms of intelligence (energy), works in all things - therefore she cannot wreck herself; she can only transform. Nature loves innovation.
Supercollider wrote:Here, here. We dumb apes (i.e., humans) probably don't even deserve to survive as a species because we are so stupidly destroying the only planet in the universe that we know of that can support "intelligent
Firstly, Nature has her sense of equilibrium which explains why it appears human beings are "stupidly" destroying - because we sense a form of intelligence that contains logic and thus are loaded with logical expectations. But we aren't meant to understand the process of equilibrium otherwise we could alter it and, well, that would defeat the purpose.
Secondly, the sun carries light information. With varying temperatures, light densifies into other elements ie from light to gas to liquid which is essential for plant life.
With other planets "revolving around the sun", they will get varying temperatures and thus light will densify causing life to flourish. This whole nonsense of ie Mars having no atmosphere is dick.
Perhaps our AI (as in Artificial Intelligence) successors will thrive on a planet that has become inhospitable to biological life
Who would run the AI?
FarleyCZ wrote:Whatever people decide to do with the world, AI will help them to do it quicker
People don't decide what to do with the world. Would you say capacitors decide what a circuit does? They're essential, but they're expendable, replaceable parts of a much bigger whole.
vurt wrote:well, in one sense its true.
if there hadn't been some alteration of the genes, we'd still be monkeys, or amoeba, depending how far back you're talking.
Why do people assume we came from monkeys?
Sure monkeys have similar traits to humans but snakes did not come from eels. Seagulls did not come from Pterodactyls. Chess did not come from Checkers.

Post

And for fux sake stop talking about Artificial Intelligence. This is a thread on Alien Invasion.

Post

VOODOO U wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:35 pm And for fux sake stop talking about Artificial Intelligence. This is a thread on Alien Invasion.
Maybe they like slowly cooked food and they are the real instigators behind climate change? Wait until we are cooked and then swoop in and dig in? No need to rule, if there is no one to rule over, so the answer to OP question title could be no, not in the long run, but maybe until then? I need more coffee(one of the multitude of products that contribute to further warming, but it's so hard to stop).
By the way, back on topic, I saw an UFO that were confirmed by several witnesses and the local airport back when I was about 8 years old, while out "kicking"(a form of ice-sled we used to use, which you stand behind and kick forward...) and looking for orcas.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”