FREE 🔥 Audio Plugin Uninstaller (courtesy of Wide Blue Sound)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Audio Plugin Uninstaller

This is a great idea, but I've found it still leaves an awful lot of leftovers in the Library/Audio/Plugins folder, and Documents that still have to be removed manually.

Version 1.0.2

Figured I should upload an image of the latest version mentioned in my previous post, v1.1, which now includes an "All Plugins" fallback section in case an uninstaller isn't found. It also allows filtering by plugin type (VST3 pictured below)

Wide Blue Sound :: Boutique Music Software
Inspiration you can hear.
WideBlueSound.com

I would love to see a time when this is integrated with KVR Studio Manager…

I like this tool and I am glad it exists...but I did encounter a real odd issue.

I recently have been doing some work to fix an annoying login item issue on my computer when I noticed a login item entry for Carterhaugh LLC. Searching my computer for Carterhaugh LLC turned up nothing. If you google "Cargerhaugh LLC login item" you will find nearly nothing about it. There is a Carterhaugh LLC and a github for Carterhaugh but again no real information on why I might have a login item for Carterhaugh LLC.

but buried farther in the search results I found a way to find out where the login items come from via terminal and it lists Wide Blue Sound as its source. So now I assume this login item is connected to AudioPluginUninstaller by but ultimately I still dont know because even the WBS site doesnt mention anything about Carterhaugh LLC or why the program creates a login item for it.

Hopefully we can get some reasoning why a login item is being created because I don't understand why one is even being created in the first place. I am glad its not malware, but I also didnt find any info that helped me easily come to that conclusion... I had to really dig to find out where the hell this came from.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 22.20.13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, that's one of our programming firms for this software. It never came up during development, but we will change the name when we do the next update. Sorry for the confusion, and impressive sleuthing :)
Wide Blue Sound :: Boutique Music Software
Inspiration you can hear.
WideBlueSound.com

Return to “Effects”