Help Identifying Percussion Instruments in Hollywood Movie Soundtrack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to identify the percussion instruments and drums used in a track from the Hacksaw Ridge soundtrack. I've been struggling to pinpoint exactly what was used in the recording.

I've tried using Spitfire Hammers, Abbey Road Low Percussion and High Percussion, and Hans Zimmer Percussion, but I can't seem to replicate the sound with any of those drums or room settings.

Here's the link to the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YdqxbWeg5s

The section that I am seeking to understand the used Drums starts at minute 2:22

Any insights from you knowledgeable folks would be greatly appreciated!

I don't hear anything besides bass drum and snares. It's buried pretty deeply beneath the strings and very reverby. I'd feel reasonably confident that I could achieve something very similar with Cineperc. I don't have the spitfire libraries you referenced so I can't give you any pointers for them.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah yes, those clicky clacky attacks. Maybe search YouTube for "orchestral toms" and you'll get plenty of library demos, you'll find it there I'm sure.

Waves factory black toms is the jam for big "epic" toms.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

This is from an interview:"I use Cubase and Pro Tools to mix and to play back picture. I use VEPRO to connect to a couple of Beefy machines running mostly Kontakt. My favourite plugins are Soundtoys – I use Echo Boy all the time – and I’m using Micro Shift on a chunky Double Bass riff I played this afternoon…the package is awesome.'

Return to “Instruments”