Current Launch v2 - A new instrument platform by Minimal Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Stream is appearing a lot clearer now.
Modulation matrix is good as well.

I like this!

Grain pitch quantization would be highly appreciated.

Nice.

Finally can modulate the Main output!

New presets are very well thought out and the extra modulation improvements are really well implemented.

Thanks so much for this - the new factory presets are super useful, and they should also make the ones happy that asked for more "bread & butter" sounds.

Being an early adopter turns out to be a most excellent investment now!

zvenx wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:48 am Current 1.2.1 is out now.
Including the new Factory Bank.

Version 1.2.1

Current now includes a new factory content library that provides essential presets, samples, and wavetables. To download, select “Install Factory Content” from the global settings menu after updating.

A new modulation matrix popup has been added. This can be used to view all connections at once or focus on a specific area. Hold down the command key (macOS) or ctrl key (Windows) and click on a control to view its connections.

The Stream now features a new pack view. Newly added or updated packs are clearly marked, so you can keep up to date with what has been added.

Stream search results can be sorted by newest, alphabetically, or with the original “shuffle” behavior.

The modulation system now supports unlimited modulator connections, connection bypass, and skew.

All right-click popups have been updated to provide access to new modulation features.

Draggable display controls, such as the one on Hybrid Filter, now record automation as expected, and Ripple Phaser now features the same draggable control.

Resolved a possible crash when deleting the plugin during content downloads.

An issue where the preset name could change to "Unknown Preset" has been fixed.

Fixed an issue with the plugin window resizing incorrectly in certain situations.

Many other stability improvements, enhancements, and optimizations.

rsp
Thanks for the head’s up. I’m liking Current, but the presets are pretty awful, IMO. Not that I feel that’s so important, but odd, considering their subscription model.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

The new factory bank is a lot more 'traditional'.

rsp
sound sculptist

Yes ! A very very solid update. I feel I will use current a lot more.

One dumb question. The factory preset packs are only the one prefix by factory correct ? The other ones are marked as one because I am still in the one year subscription isn't it? (I feel my question answers by itself but I want to be 200% sure before suppressing some presets).

These are the new Factory Packs...They show up under packs, Owned and Ready to be downloaded in Cloud ( I have obviously already downloaded mine).
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:23 pm These are the new Factory Packs...They show up under packs, Owned and Ready to be downloaded in Cloud ( I have obviously already downloaded mine).
rsp
Ok, thanks mate. I bought Current using the 1y subscription discount so I have access to a few other stuffs as "owned"... I will be careful not to use them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:26 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:23 pm These are the new Factory Packs...They show up under packs, Owned and Ready to be downloaded in Cloud ( I have obviously already downloaded mine).
rsp
Ok, thanks mate. I bought Current using the 1y subscription discount so I have access to a few other stuffs as "owned"... I will be careful not to use them.
The subscription stuff you have access to shows up as All Access not Owned.
Afaik only stuff you bought with a lifetime license shows up as owned.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:27 pm
Jac459 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:26 pm
rsp
The subscription stuff you have access to shows up as All Access not Owned.
Afaik only stuff you bought with a lifetime license shows up as owned.
rsp
I doubt it, I see Stutter Vocals, Density Leads, Radiant Leads, Particle Pads that appears as "Owned", not all access. But they don't seems to be factory...

EDIT: Actually I have a doubt... I see Lori Leads DOES appear as All Access...
So if I really own the others part of the purchase scheme, it is really very very nice...
Last edited by Jac459 on Fri May 24, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok..
They were previously "factory" though not labeled as such, and we get to keep those.
People who only NOW get Current only get the official ones labelled Factory.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:34 pm Ok..
They were previously "factory" though not labeled as such, and we get to keep those.
People who only NOW get Current only get the official ones labelled Factory.

rsp
WHHHAAAAA.

Ok... TBH I am very impressed... This is very generous from their side and really prove a commitment to the synth (which I was starting to doubt with the lack of updates.

This weekend starts very well ! (sorry for our American friends who still have to work full day).

Yes, the "old" stuff will remain with the early adopters, which is a nice move. (Personally, I loved the earlier presets - but I seem to be a minimal *cough cough* minority here.)

tq wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:38 pm Yes, the "old" stuff will remain with the early adopters, which is a nice move. (Personally, I loved the earlier presets - but I seem to be a minimal *cough cough* minority here.)
Yeah... Clearly a very nice move...

Congrats Minimal Audio...

Return to “Instruments”