SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta (VST2/VST3/AAX/AU2/Standalone) & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

kv331 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:19 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:44 pm Some glitchy behaviour here:

So far I can not reproduce this one.
Tried it again today and was also working fine. Will keep an eye on it :tu:

Is SM3 multicore enabled? There is such a huge range of modules, multiplied by up to 16 parts within a single instance that any one core/thread would surely struggle to cope.
Thanks

buzz1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:33 am Is SM3 multicore enabled? There is such a huge range of modules, multiplied by up to 16 parts within a single instance that any one core/thread would surely struggle to cope.
Thanks
No yet unfortunately.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I hope full multicore/multithread support will be added soon too. I own a 18-core (36 threads) Xeon and a 14+14 cores (56 threads) Dual Xeon PCs with 160GB RAM each and I would like to use the synth in its final non beta version at its maximum complexity using all 16 layers and the highest quality parameters too.

DarkS474 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:42 am I hope full multicore/multithread support will be added soon too. I own a 18-core (36 threads) Xeon and a 14+14 cores (56 threads) Dual Xeon PCs with 160GB RAM each and I would like to use the synth in its final non beta version at its maximum complexity using all 16 layers and the highest quality parameters too.
Wow....that is some serious horsepower there Pedro :tu:
No auto tune...

This is little off topic, but as others reading this thread will probably installing the latest versions of SM and SM One, it may be relevant. I had not updated either SM or SM One in quite a while, so I did just that. So now I've got the latest versions of each. I found a couple of problems with each, which can be seen in the image. The SM error messages (on the left) occur when starting the standalone program. The SM One "missing file" messages occur when you click on a preset - there may well be more than two of these, but I stopped looking after the second.

So these are not SM 3 issues, but may be encountered by those wishing to beta test it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi guys, we have a new update for SynthMaster 3: Rev 15166. Again, contains bug fixed reported by our sound designers:

1. NEW: Added logging for import samples/waveforms/wavetables tasks
2. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when reaches the end of importing multisamples
3. FIX: SynthMaster 3 doesn't parse MIDI note numbers from file names correctly in some cases
4. FIX: SynthMaster 3 doesn't save region velocity curve and velocity sensitivity fields when saving sfz files
Works at KV331 Audio

dmbaer wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:20 pm This is little off topic, but as others reading this thread will probably installing the latest versions of SM and SM One, it may be relevant. I had not updated either SM or SM One in quite a while, so I did just that. So now I've got the latest versions of each. I found a couple of problems with each, which can be seen in the image. The SM error messages (on the left) occur when starting the standalone program. The SM One "missing file" messages occur when you click on a preset - there may well be more than two of these, but I stopped looking after the second.
As for SM2 higher version errors, you probably have multiple SynthMaster2.dll files in your system with different versions. Make sure you find and delete all of them and then reinstall the latest version. Thx!
Works at KV331 Audio

RoadCrewWorker wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:24 pm Wish i could, but the SamplePaths contained thousands of files and there's no error or log to tell which one caused it. I actually really don't want there to be an elaborate background scan, i just want to add a few dozen samples.

Drag and drop doesn't do anything either, so i have no idea how i could check.
Hi there, I fixed a couple of critical issues related to multisample import. I also added logging support. The importing waveforms/wavetables/samples, the log files are now written under:

Win: c:\users\public\public documents\synthmaster3\logs
Mac: /users/shared/synthmaster3/logs
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:35 am Hi there, I fixed a couple of critical issues related to multisample import. I also added logging support. The importing waveforms/wavetables/samples, the log files are now written under:

Win: c:\users\public\public documents\synthmaster3\logs
Mac: /users/shared/synthmaster3/logs
Excellent, i'm assuming this is in the most recent build 15166? Going to test a bit more with this and report back.

RoadCrewWorker wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:49 am Excellent, i'm assuming this is in the most recent build 15166? Going to test a bit more with this and report back.
Yep! Here's a sample log file:

logging.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi,

Having trouble running the latest VST3 in Ableton 11 (11.3.25), it crashes Ableton every time I try to launch:

"A serious program error has occurred.
Live will shut down after this message box is closed.

Please restart Live and follow the instructions in the 'Report a Crash' lesson that will appear in Live's Help View."

The VST2 works fine, any suggestion what I can try to do or more info you need?

vmood wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:35 pm Hi,

Having trouble running the latest VST3 in Ableton 11 (11.3.25), it crashes Ableton every time I try to launch:
Were you opening an existing/presaved project or just instantiating SM3 VST3 for the first time? I just tested with Ableton Live 11, and it worked fine.
Works at KV331 Audio

It's the first time running SM3 on this computer (Windows 11), I'm in the process of migrating to a new computer.
On the old computer (Windows 10, also Ableton 11.3.25) I had only used the Alpha.
I now installed 15166 on it, VST3 works fine there. :tu:

Maybe a Windows 11 issue?

Edit: I've submitted the crash report to Ableton as well.

In our next update I will hopefuly add the AAX versions as well. I managed to compile AAX Apple Silicon native builds, looking good so far:

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 15.38.18.jpg

SynthMaster 2 / Player v2.9.17 update will also have critical bug fixes and 50 new factory presets by Xenox Soundworks. Hoping to release in a couple of weeks. Issues fixed so far:

1. NEW: Added Apple Silicon builds for SynthMaster 2 AAX version
2. NEW: SynthMaster 2 now uses user email/serial from SynthMaster One / SynthMaster Player / SynthMaster 3 license key files if those products are already installed
3. NEW: Added side-chain (audio) input for the VST3 version of SynthMaster 2
4. FIX: SynthMaster VST3 does not process poly aftertouch messages
5. FIX: MPE doesn't work for the SynthMaster VST3 version
6. FIX: MIDI CC messages don't work when SynthMaster VST3 version is running inside Bigwig DAW
7. FIX: SynthMaster VST3 crashes the DAW when exiting
8. FIX: SynthMaster user interface initial load time is too slow
9. FIX: SynthMaster might freeze/crash when parsing wave files
10. FIX: Saving global midi mappings corrupts SynthMaster config file
11.FIX:When the license key file is shown for the AudioUnits version, keyboard entry is not possible
11.FIX: SynthMaster 2 might crash when running idle voices
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”