Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's sad really. I think IK's DSP is great, but the packaging is horrendous. They need to spend more time listening to their customers and less to the bean counters and marketing gurus.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:59 pm It's sad really. I think IK's DSP is great, but the packaging is horrendous. They need to spend more time listening to their customers and less to the bean counters and marketing gurus.
UA, IK, and many others all seemingly have the same idea. You can make more money from new customers than old ones. For the old ones, if they're locked into the ecosystem, there's money to be made from them, too.

I doubt the majority of the customers complain as much as we see here, or else they would have changed the model.

We're pretty spoiled with the information we receive about products, prices, and discounts to compare. Anyone posting on KVR is not likely the average customer.

My only gripe with IK is that they do not consider what you actually already have and offer scalable upgrades. A year or two ago, I owned every product, but to upgrade to the Max would still cost me $199. That baffles my brain. An overhaul of the system or a true "complete my bundle" upgrade would be all they needed to shine.

midi sentinel wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:50 am
ROTMetro wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:54 am I guess the 'I regret buying this steaming pile of garbage' but hey, my reading comprehension could be off. :tu:
"Could be" is quite an understatement.

Regret came at the end, as it usually happens. Shocking, I know.

Anyway, I dislike IK, you dislike KVR, we made our points :tu:
So their upgrade policy broke the thing that you wanted/liked. Gotcha :tu: I find the whinny KVRs that care more for things other than how tools work for music production boring and bizarre.

Dupe
Last edited by ROTMetro on Sat May 25, 2024 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dupe
Last edited by ROTMetro on Sat May 25, 2024 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

I like IK's products, but I'm just on the fence about the upgrade price.
It's a bit too much. I am happy with what I have for now with v3.5 Max.

euanek wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:29 pm Anyone else seeing a big sales slowdown re their listings in the used forum these days?
I think much of the "used" stuff has gone to Knobcloud nowadays. That's where I sell all of mine.

I've been buying a lot on here recently, so I'm doing my part!

kevinsparks wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:23 am
euanek wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:29 pm Anyone else seeing a big sales slowdown re their listings in the used forum these days?
I think much of the "used" stuff has gone to Knobcloud nowadays. That's where I sell all of mine.
Too many professional sellers on KVR who buy and resell again, often with long lists of plugins, not enough people selling a couple plugins they don’t use anymore. Hard to separate out the few genuine people.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:43 am
Too many professional sellers on KVR who buy and resell again, often with long lists of plugins, not enough people selling a couple plugins they don’t use anymore. Hard to separate out the few genuine people.
I get so bummed out when I put up something for sale on Knobcloud not thinking about maximizing profit, but selling it for what I think is a fair price (or maybe what I bought it for a few years ago), and it being bought by a reseller and immediately put up for sale again at a higher price.

I guess I'm just naive for putting it up for sale with the understanding that someone will get a plugin for a decent price and then use it. The only way to prevent this is to sell it for as high a price as possible, but I'd rather not have to worry about prices and extracting as much profit as I can from buyers.

Does anybody have a spare $25 discount code for Plugin Alliance? Please PM.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

concealed identity wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:58 am
I get so bummed out when I put up something for sale on Knobcloud not thinking about maximizing profit, but selling it for what I think is a fair price (or maybe what I bought it for a few years ago), and it being bought by a reseller and immediately put up for sale again at a higher price.

I guess I'm just naive for putting it up for sale with the understanding that someone will get a plugin for a decent price and then use it. The only way to prevent this is to sell it for as high a price as possible, but I'd rather not have to worry about prices and extracting as much profit as I can from buyers.
Wow, that is disappointing if people are buying used and immediately reselling for more. If it makes you feel better, I obsessively check Knobcloud (instead of being on social media), so perhaps I'll beat these people to the punch and buy from you one day, and actually use the product 😉

Same crap on Reverb. I don’t accept offers there because there’s always someone ready to pay you half if you’re willing to sell now. Plus there’s sob stories about affording a great gift for their son.

So much BS.

I understand people are always looking to make money but buying/selling in the music making community sucks right now.

elxsound wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:11 pm

Same crap on Reverb. I don’t accept offers there because there’s always someone ready to pay you half if you’re willing to sell now. Plus there’s sob stories about affording a great gift for their son.

So much BS.

I understand people are always looking to make money but buying/selling in the music making community sucks right now.
True... and even more, the Facebook marketplace and Craiglist... at the moment, in Portland, OR, about 80% of all craigslist posts are from only 3 individuals...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”