Eventide Blackhole Immersive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blackhole Immersive

Manuel_M wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:27 am Unfortunately I know of no good YouTube videos or comparisons with the stereo version.
Does anyone know if the current crossgrade prices are time-limited offers or will it stay at this price?
Im going to guess it’s a limited time.

But once there’s one sale more are sure to follow… eventually.

The only reason to not upgrade is either you can’t afford to at this time or…..?

Just be aware the presets don’t transfer so if you have a bunch on the original you’ll probably want to keep I installed.

bmanic wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:22 pm I'm really tempted to crossgrade to the immersive version of Blackhole. Anybody know a good youtube video with tons of sound examples comparing the old vs the new? Though I guess I could always demo it myself.. hmm..
+1 that it sounds better than V1 in stereo, even though it's a Surround-focused plugin, is just a rumour at this point. "Someone over at VI Control said..."

We need an A/B comparison!

I know I know, demo it and find out for ourselves - but moaning on the internet is so much easier and I hate adding to the dozens of expired demo licenses clogging my iLok account.

Manuel_M wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:27 am Unfortunately I know of no good YouTube videos or comparisons with the stereo version.
Does anyone know if the current crossgrade prices are time-limited offers or will it stay at this price?
Latest email from Eventide titled "Don't Miss Memorial Day Savings" says this crossgrade sale ends on June 2.

You would be crazy to miss this price on the 2 immersive plugins, and yes demo them for yourselves, it's the only way. I've had them since launch, they blow piss and pick handles out of the originals even in stereo is all I can say. There is only one way to find out for yourself I'm afraid, do yourself a favor, do it now, you'll be glad you did.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:17 am You would be crazy to miss this price on the 2 immersive plugins
:roll:
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Will these Immersive editions ever be added to the Anthology bundle?

SirKen wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:53 am Will these Immersive editions ever be added to the Anthology bundle?
May be in the next major release

aMUSEd wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:26 am
Chauzou wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:21 am Wait so Blackhole Immersive isn't just a surround version of Blackhole? It's a better smoother lushier version of blackhole even in stereo? And the company doesn't even advertise about it? Or is it really just a surround version of blackhole...?
Yes it turns out (at least according to several reviews) that they also improved the sound quite a bit. Not sure if the same applied to Micropitch though. Still on the fence about that although the video demos do sound better than what I am hearing from the H9 plugin version.

It would be nice of course if they just added those improvements to the stereo version but not sure that will happen
So has anyone tested the Immersive version of Micropitch? I have the stereo version, does the upgrade also sound substantially better as the upgraded reverb does?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm
So has anyone tested the Immersive version of Micropitch? I have the stereo version, does the upgrade also sound substantially better as the upgraded reverb does?
A couple of pages back I said "I think it says in the blurb that the Micropitch has also been rebuilt. I compared the "H3000 Micropitch" presets on one sound and they sound different. The Immersive one sounded clearer with both the EQ on and off. Of course they may have tweaked the actual preset between the two different versions."

I've not done any further testing, I doubt if I will, I'll simply be using the new version from now on.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:31 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 pm
A couple of pages back I said "I think it says in the blurb that the Micropitch has also been rebuilt. I compared the "H3000 Micropitch" presets on one sound and they sound different. The Immersive one sounded clearer with both the EQ on and off. Of course they may have tweaked the actual preset between the two different versions."

I've not done any further testing, I doubt if I will, I'll simply be using the new version from now on.
Yeah I compared two or three things, deleted the original plugin and kept the Micropitch Immersive.

The $499 price is just insane but crossgrade price of $47 is just right. Looking forward to using my new rich dudes reverb.

Strikes me that ofc this is a sales trick but I'd pay the crossgrade price for even an average reverb and the new GUI looks significantly better than the og.

It actually feels and sounds like a different reverb altogether. I've only briefly played with it so my perspective is limited, but when comparing Blackhole 1 vs Immersive, I'm hearing pretty distinct differences. Then original was more noisy and shimmery, and I liked that quality. Immersive is cleaner and less artificial sounding. I like it, the original felt more like a "special fx" unit- using the ribbon controller to modulate feedback, resonance, and size made for some pretty kind bending stuff.

I don't have a surround system/atmos so I guess I'm missing something but Eventide are smoking the good shit if they truly think it's worth $500.

i´ve not compared the V1 to V2.

i liked V1 while doing a test patch and jamming along, but never used it again.
Well, i think i didn´t liked some aspects of its sound. ( the highs much likely)

Totally different with V2.
I also just incorporated it in an existing patch for testing purposes, and directly found my uses for it.
I really like that patch with Blackhole incoporated to it ! it´s great to jamm along with it.
And the V2 found immediately a spot within all those reverbs i have, that suits.
It´s distinct, ......my brain immediately knew what it´s good for (for me).(important aspect )
Will use it for sure in other patches too. ( jamm along stuff.....not production works)

V1 was easily replaceable and not very good (to my ears). Sold it a long time ago after Supermassive arrived.

I think Immersive can go the distance, though definitely as an effect, like TENS or Lair are for me. And when I don’t use my Mercury X to make similar huge spaces (can’t paste that onto diff tracks with diff settings so easily!).

i really don't understand why some people are not fans of the v1, i have it for a long time and for me is one of the best reverbs for ambient music ever, sure is not very versatile, it is more specific like special FX, but it is buttery smooth and airy sounding
maybe i am not very good at judging reverbs :? . . :hug: :hug: :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Effects”