Korg Collection 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

zvenx wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:33 pm And i guess that is the thing.. You can't please everyone.
I personally am looking forward to this the most, more than any of their 'own' stuff.
And I don't think Arturia's old Arp 2600 or Cherry Audio will be able to compete with a Korg Arp 2600 2024 edition.

rsp
agree
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

No videos from superbooth demonstrating the new collection additions?

<list your stupid gear here>

I still can't find any evidence that this was at shown at Superbooth,
I checked every Video I could find.

It would be nice if we could get a little update at least, Ah well :pray:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Synth Anatomy article states that the ARP 2600 plugin was available to try out at the Superbooth however I find it hard to believe that it was because there's no evidence of it to support this claim. There's nothing on the web, not even some kind of feedback from attenders that could bring any insight into the matter. Korg wasn't shy to preview stuff in the past so I doubt they got people to sign NDA's to try out a synth.

I tried asking Korg if I could expect the crossgrade price of $249 for M1 LE owners, to increase with the release of Collection 5. They said to wait for the official release announcement.

If it's going to increase, I don't think I'll get it. So, I'd rather make my mind up before the release. Are any of the previous Collection updates usable as a precedent to gauge what to expect?
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Choikdoi wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:45 am I tried asking Korg if I could expect the crossgrade price of $249 for M1 LE owners, to increase with the release of Collection 5. They said to wait for the official release announcement.

If it's going to increase, I don't think I'll get it. So, I'd rather make my mind up before the release. Are any of the previous Collection updates usable as a precedent to gauge what to expect?
If history is your guide they will price the new Collection at a deep discount for everyone and have the cross grade price even cheaper like less than $200

IvyBirds wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:53 pm If history is your guide they will price the new Collection at a deep discount for everyone and have the cross grade price even cheaper like less than $200
Oh, really?! I'm prepared to take a gamble on history then! Thank you.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Choikdoi wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:03 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:53 pm If history is your guide they will price the new Collection at a deep discount for everyone and have the cross grade price even cheaper like less than $200
Oh, really?! I'm prepared to take a gamble on history then! Thank you.
Good luck :)

I am pretty sure I paid $199 when I got it back when the Triton first became part of it

M1st wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:21 pm Synth Anatomy article states that the ARP 2600 plugin was available to try out at the Superbooth however I find it hard to believe that it was because there's no evidence of it to support this claim. There's nothing on the web, not even some kind of feedback from attenders that could bring any insight into the matter. Korg wasn't shy to preview stuff in the past so I doubt they got people to sign NDA's to try out a synth.
https://www.gearnews.com/korg-collectio ... -arp-2600/

I've been waiting for them to make an ARP 2600 plugin for years. Nobody has really nailed a 2600 emulation yet, but Korg did an amazing job on the Odyssey, so I have no doubt the 2600 plugin will be awesome.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:33 pm I've been waiting for them to make an ARP 2600 plugin for years. Nobody has really nailed a 2600 emulation yet, but Korg did an amazing job on the Odyssey, so I have no doubt the 2600 plugin will be awesome.
Me too. But damn it's a big big difference between the Odyssey and the 2600. I wish Gforce would do one. They have nice taste.
COFFEE for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:58 am Me too. But damn it's a big big difference between the Odyssey and the 2600. I wish Gforce would do one. They have nice taste.
GForce is absolutely crushing it right now! Their new Oberheim OB-1 plugin is awesome.
Stormchild

Shop page is up, but the product page still references Korg Collection 4.

https://korg.shop/korg-collection-5-bundle.html

Arashi wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:22 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:58 am Me too. But damn it's a big big difference between the Odyssey and the 2600. I wish Gforce would do one. They have nice taste.
GForce is absolutely crushing it right now! Their new Oberheim OB-1 plugin is awesome.
Agreed, they are leaving almost all the competition in the dust at this point. If they decide to start modelling the Sequential Circuits / Dave Smith line up, they will be unstoppable and have the most compelling synths on the market bar none. IMO, I just got the OB-1 today and it's on a different level. :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”