Digital Synth VSTs (like DIVA)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, I have Diva. It's great - my favorite synth actually.

However, if you're looking after a digital osc sound, you may also get that with a digital synth, including a wavetable synth like Vital. Or if you're particularily looking for that mix between analog and digital, maybe you could look into a used Arturia Pigments license? They are sometimes sold cheaply (50-70$?).
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

I have never used that oscillator in Diva because it is odd somehow. Is it from some hardware synth?

I'm not really a hardware synth expert. But my understanding is that it's from a hardware synth that uses digital oscillators. So having a digital emulation of a hardware synth with digital oscillators sounds a bit confusing to me.

What to me would make more sense is that they wanted to extend Divas sound by adding digital oscillators in there too, and they used the Roland JP-8000 as inspiration for how it was done. That just makes Diva more flexible, in case you want to also get some more "digital" sounds out of it, too (or blend it, since you can mix the modules).
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Pretty sure the only reason u-he added a digital oscillator on Diva was for the supersaw. So any modern digital synth that has supersaws or unison with saw waves will do, especially synths designed for trance music.

https://www.adamszabo.com/vstplugins/jp6k/
<list your stupid gear here>

U-he should have named it VA oscillator instead of digital oscillator.

There is this Access Virus emulator, i think it is free.

viewtopic.php?t=567546#top

If you can't afford Diva why not Zebra Legacy? https://u-he.com/products/zebra-legacy/
It's $99 and does what Diva does to an extent and can do a bit more than Diva as well. It has an oscillator that can sort of mimic what the Diva digital oscillator will do. Not exactly the same thing but it should get you in the ballpark. Hive is also an option. It's a bit cheaper than Diva. Downside of Zebra Legacy is the complexity but can't argue with the price. It's a lot of synth for that kind of money.

ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:04 am Are there any alternatives? I'm no fan of that service
If you're not opposed to Behringer and hardware they have a mini hardware emulation of the JP-8000 called the JT-4000 (4 voices) that retails for $49.

Otherwise, check out this previous post: viewtopic.php?t=492543

ghostwhistler wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:47 am Yes, the mighty DIVA is predominantly analog emultion, but it does have a digital emulation. Don't know what it's specifically emulating, but since I cannae afford DIVA are there any other VST's offering a similar component, exclusively or otherwise? Thanks
Zebralette 3 is a free synth and is just a single Osc from what will be Zebra 3. It can do the sorts of sounds similar to Diva's digital oscillator, but it is a very different construction. The sound quality is exceptional... and yes, it's free.

Hive2 is your best bet if you're after a digital oscillator akin to Diva. You also have 3 subtly distinct engines with Hive- the clean and normal engines are pristine (in slightly different ways), dirty engine has a more saturated sound and all 3 have a number of differences in envelopes, filter resonance and unison style. It plays wavetables, but is just a subtractive synth with some really nice modulators and FX. And does some of the cleanest wavetable interpolation I've come across. And the unison is just glassy and sweet.

That said, I'm finding it difficult to truly figure out what OP wants

swilow11 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:20 am That said, I'm finding it difficult to truly figure out what OP wants
Easy : he wants Diva, but he can't afford it. So you have to find Diva for a lower price.

Maybe a thrift shop ? A chinese clone named Davi ? :shrug:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Let's be even more clear- he wants an emulation of the digital emulation within Diva. This is like synthesiser inception.

swilow11 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:25 am Let's be even more clear- he wants an emulation of the digital emulation within Diva. This is like synthesiser inception.
Actually they want a plugin version of the hardware synth that DIVA is emulating with the digital oscillator, probably so they can make super saws

It's really not that hard

Vital - its free

Return to “Instruments”