Focus specific rack from MIDI input

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

You can set a shortcut to focus the previous of next rack, so that you can move through the focused racks using some button (sending a cc) on your MIDI keyboard.

But can you also create a shortcut that focuses a specific rack somehow?
I'd like to use the 9 buttons on my M-Audio to select specific racks in Mulab.

PS: I'm still on Mulab 7.

No such shortcut in MuLab 7/9.

Any chance of putting that on the wishlist?

You could use different midi chanels for each instrument in different racks
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:09 pmYou could use different midi chanels for each instrument in different racks
Exactly -- this is what MIDI Channel Number is for.

Thanks for the suggestion! I should perhaps have mentioned that I have been doing that. I 'only' have my M-Audio Axiom 61. As far as I could figure out, you cannot configure just any button to change the output channel of the keys to a specific channel. It does support multiple zones to which you can assign an output channel, which have dedicated number keys I can use. This works, but is limited to 4 zones and I was trying to figure out a way to work around that.

Can you use multiple Note Key/Vel Filters to split the MIDI In by key range directed to the plugins you want -- i.e. wrap each in a MUX with a filter inserted between the MUX event in and the plugin event in, set the key range? Unfortunately there isn't much you can do with MIDI events in MuLab still.

Return to “MUTOOLS”