How do one authorize a plugin in Kontakt (full).

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you not need any serial or authorization code to get it working in the full Kontakt?
I have the plugin but not Kontakt and no serial.
I may buy Kontakt in the future but wonder how the plugin would be authorized.
Didn't see any login to register an account at Auddict. So online authorization by connecting to an account is also not going to work.

Can someone explain how this works.

After a week their support guy mailed me. He didn't answer this question. He only asked if i had installed it in Kontakt yet.
So, under all this years Kontakt been around...no one have ever bought a plugin and waited to buy the Kontakt for it? :shock:

Well, they're not really "plugins", they're libraries. Once you install Kontakt, it will ask you to create a folder for the libraries. Then install your instrument into that library. Done.

dalaitom wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:08 pm Well, they're not really "plugins", they're libraries. Once you install Kontakt, it will ask you to create a folder for the libraries. Then install your instrument into that library. Done.
Thanks! :tu:
Now i can relax knowing this library can sit in a folder as long as i see fit.
Then i suppose i can swap/give it to someone else if i decide to not Buy Kontakt.

Libraries for the full version of Kontakt almost always preclude the owner from being able to transfer ownership.
There is no copy protection which makes them easy targets for piracy.

agharta wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:36 pm Libraries for the full version of Kontakt almost always preclude the owner from being able to transfer ownership.
There is no copy protection which makes them easy targets for piracy.
? How can they decide who's the owner of the bought library?
If it wasn't installed in Kontakt after buying it, the Kontakt software wouldn't know if an installed library have changed hands outside it's realm?
There is no serial or authorization code belonging to the library. Together with the lack of created account and no ilok, you can't do a transfer even if you wanted to.
In this scenario you just hand over the software and the recipient have to trust the giver to not keep and use a copy of the library.
Am i missing something here?

Added. There's my mailadress for notification and paypal have my name. Is this somehow used? How would that work?

I am just telling you the terms of the license that usually come with such libraries.
I don’t have a problem with people selling it and deleting the files afterwards.
Plus, be aware that libraries made for Kontakt Player can often be formally transferred, but often with a fee attached.

I have seen transfers being mentioned in a couple of pluginproducers account settings.
The conundrum here is the lack of an account where i could ask permission to transfer. But i still have to get permission to transfer? Where?

It's not a Player library, so as already stated above, it's rare that license transfers are allowed for these.
You always need to check with the developer if you want to know what the terms of the license are.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”