Does Yamaha make soft synths anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If anyone is looking into using the S-YXG50 vst, you could try my editor plugin (which is based on Shiru's version). It's in JSFX format so it only works in Reaper, it supports editing most of the S-YXG50 parameters like voice selection and effects:

https://github.com/samlletas/syxg50-control-panel

I think the appeal of something like a Montage is the advantage of having a self contained dedicated device with a good set of sounds. A computer needs a soundcard, there’s always the chance of upgrades breaking things… it can be done, but it requires more care.

Once you factor the price of a good dedicated laptop, a good soundcard, a good midi keyboard and some software instruments and effects, then something like a Montage doesn’t look that bad… I’m not interested in anything like that, but I see the appeal…

Regarding your music experience at the church, I’d say it depends on the church. The choir of my local church has a mainly classical repertory and those pieces are far from easy o boring… they have a very old Clavinova at their practice place…

But I can relate on the feeling of “being forced” to attend to anything involving religion (I consider myself atheist as well)…
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

I think if the Montage is eventually sold separately as a plugin it will be around the $500 price range.
Which of course will lead to a whole new set of comments from kvr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWAxhcCt28
rsp
sound sculptist

samlletas wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:08 am If anyone is looking into using the S-YXG50 vst, you could try my editor plugin (which is based on Shiru's version). It's in JSFX format so it only works in Reaper, it supports editing most of the S-YXG50 parameters like voice selection and effects:

https://github.com/samlletas/syxg50-control-panel

GREAT improvements here! Thank you so much for this. :)

If I may add a small request, though. Currently when mousewheeling the left column when on FX: Variation tab, you can go "out of bounds" and you don't see what's the currently selected effect. It would make sense to scroll the entries as well just as if you were clicking the ... button manually.

And perhaps the bipolar parameters should have bipolar sliders too. But that's a minor aspect.

Once again, thanks for the cool improvements!

I've had the M8x since it was released.
AN-X is good for some things... but it's a bit limited (if you're looking for full-featured VA).
The filters (IMO) are a bit generic... and I'd like to see Mono/Legato still allow velocity to control filter (can't currently do that).

The VA synth engine in the Nord Stage 4 (from the Wave 2) is more convincing for Moog style Leads/Basses.

Would love to see Yamaha expand AN-X.
Was hoping that would happen in firmware 2.0.

If they released a dedicated hardware synth based on AN-X, (IMO) it would need to be a deeper architecture than what's currently on Montage M.
It would also need 24+ note polyphony (to be competitive).
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:49 am GREAT improvements here! Thank you so much for this. :)

If I may add a small request, though. Currently when mousewheeling the left column when on FX: Variation tab, you can go "out of bounds" and you don't see what's the currently selected effect. It would make sense to scroll the entries as well just as if you were clicking the ... button manually.

And perhaps the bipolar parameters should have bipolar sliders too. But that's a minor aspect.

Once again, thanks for the cool improvements!
I'm glad you like the new changes!

Good catch on the mouse wheel issue, I'll take a look at it.

Thank you so much for the pull request with the UI improvements :), I will check it and get back to you on Github!

Return to “Instruments”