Arturia releases MiniBrute V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well that is a hard one... You put it in mono mode and turn off the effects. Don't apply any automation and use it similar to the original hardware. In that way it has the character and the sound of the original; no question. That Steiner Parker filter is interesting to these ears and this nails it. It of course blows past the hardware by adding polyphony and a deep effects engine. Some of the patches sound alive in a very good way. In my opinion you are missing out but I'm good with that. You do you. None of us have to be on the same page with this. Life is good.
Supercollider wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 am However, please indulge me in one "parting shot." If the MiniBrute V sounds ANYTHING like the hardware synth, then I was right to never check it out. Ha ha.

Scotty wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:30 pmIn my opinion you are missing out but I'm good with that. You do you. None of us have to be on the same page with this. Life is good.
Right on, man. Civility is a very good thing in our, er, civil society. Thank you for being polite and gracious. :tu:

mdx4ever wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:28 am At $49 bucks it was insta buy for me :)
PS; So far so good, don't experience any issues in CPU spikes…
+1. Picked it up today, and immediately felt right at home with it. Like the fact that it is polyphonic, and fit right in with VC and other Arturia soft synths I have pre-mapped to a controller (EG Macros are common for me). Am also familiar with the effects, and setup stuff.. so it makes the whole thing uber simple to program, which is nice.

Seems like the most CPU hungry synth in the VST history. I will wait for a quantum PC.

Igro wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:10 am Seems like the most CPU hungry synth in the VST history. I will wait for a quantum PC.
I am not finding it any more CPU intensive than other VSTs?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:57 am
Igro wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:10 am Seems like the most CPU hungry synth in the VST history. I will wait for a quantum PC.
I am not finding it any more CPU intensive than other VSTs?
If Pigments gives me around 6-12% on a single core, then MiniBrute like 45-55%. How much you have?

I found it very CPU intensive with polyphonic patches, over 50% of FL's CPU meter.

For me around 20-35% on a M1 Max.

Some great patches though - PluckPadPulse is one of the loveliest synth keys patches I've heard in any synth, especially with poly aftertouch

Igro wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:10 am I will wait for a quantum PC.
You are absolutely right, sir. That's honestly what it will probably take in order for synth plugins to sound as good as their hardware counterparts. I'm only partially joking, btw. :hihi:

Vortifex wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:00 am I found it very CPU intensive with polyphonic patches, over 50% of FL's CPU meter.
I am not sure if FL will behave the same way but keep adding instances. One instance showed as using 50% of my available performance on Cubase but I could add a total of 32 before it would crackle and top out.

I used the Dark Atmo preset which is set for 4 notes of polyphony and played a 4 note chord with the sustain pedal down. (Audio card is RME Raydat, 512 Sample buffers). ASIO Guard was on "Normal" and the computer is optimized for audio. This is a Dual Socket X99 Xeon Rig with 56 cores. Performace on my Ryzen rig 5950x with the same Audio card and settings is a 36 instances.

Arturia synths that I have tested don't use the hyperthreaded cores on Intel or the SMT cores on AMD. I am not sure if they will use the Efficiency cores on Apple Silicon . Regardless it is a hungry plugin. 32 Instances isn't bad though given the sound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Got this one a couple of days ago, yet to dig into it though.

Tips : AU is working under osx catalina & reaper
**dark music for dark lovers**

I missed the whole brute thing entirely, not making music for many years, but as it turns out the unique filter on this is right up my street. This can indeed do growly and crunchy things very easily that are hard to reproduce in other synths, so despite having way too many plugins I'll have to buy this. I hope Arturia stick a few extra modulation sources in the future; an extra LFO would be nice, but this is great nonetheless.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Tested it with my Mellotron M4000D, which has polyphonic aftertouch: pure bliss :D
CPU usage is quite high, maybe comparable to the Buchla Easel V and the Synthi V.
Do the Arturia plugins use "multithreading" (if that's the correct expression) ?
Last edited by svart on Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”