ROK-LOK - Universal Strap Lock Solution (demo)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Certainly, strap locks are essential for the gigging musician (although home/studio musicians who play standing would benefit with the added security), particularly if guitar tricks are your thing, e.g., 360-degree flip around the back. What I don’t like about strap locks is that some are unattractive (big knobby buttons), while all require modification – and anyone who has experience with strap locks know that sometimes there are issues with screws and pre-drilled hole sizes. The Rok-Lok system is completely different, in that it attaches to your guitar strap, which means you can use the same strap on multiple guitars without any modification, without having to purchase multiple sets of typical strap locks for all your guitars, and it connects/removes in seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzV6eLl1rZA

The accompany video addresses several of the features, and I even took a hammer to one of them. I didn’t hit as hard as possible, but did give it several good strikes. Absolutely not a scratch or crack, although the video will show a touch of dust from the dirty hammer. Although the Rok-Lok system is made of scratch-resistant, proprietary resin, it comes with protective pads that you can apply, which is ideal for bare wood, or guitars with a thin lacquer/coating.

Depending on how the guitar hangs (relative to the guitar’s body and the strap positioning), there may not be much, if any contact between the Rok-Lok base and the guitar. I watched a few videos on this product, and it was stated that there was no visual wear caused by the Rok-Lok, nor were there ever any issue with it unlocking accidentally, and these were gigging musicians.

The cost is very reasonable, at $19.99 (get 2 sets for $34.99), particularly considering if you use only one strap, then you need only one set. As stated, this is much better than buying strap locks for every guitar, in that a single set will cost at least $19.99. Multiply that by 5 guitars, for example. Overall, the Rok-Lok system is simple, ingenious, affordable, practical, and a long time coming. Highly recommended, and available at: https://www.theroklok.com/

Return to “Guitars”