Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

RIP RAPID!!!!!!!!

It was great knowing you. But your creators could not care less about you. They just don't care. :x :x :x

You are part of the dead now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

As for me, I dearly love this synth. When I start making more tracks again in the future, I'll try to bring her out. As for making soundsets, I doubt I'll ever release another bank for it. There simply isn't a demand, at all for it. I for one, wish they'd update there website to host 3rd party banks. That's the only way I think I'd have a shot earning anything decent for the blood, sweat, and tears. I highly advise them to take a look at Reveal Sounds' model.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

maybe they made enough money out of it and keep on going :D.

only thing which makes me worried is the shitty online activation... never know when this wont work anymore.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

We might hear from them in November with another point update just before a black friday sale.
rsp
sound sculptist

Jesus, this turned into exactly what I hoped it wouldn't turn into after trying to politely communicate with the dev, no wonder he is silent...
quod tu es, ego fui, quod ego sum, tu eris

PebbleInAStream wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:34 pm Jesus, this turned into exactly what I hoped it wouldn't turn into after trying to politely communicate with the dev, no wonder he is silent...
What you mean by this??

It doesn't matter if we are silent or vocal about the very poor situation.

We get NO RESPONSE from PARAWAVE :x :x :x

even if they get back, i cannot trust such a fully silence and acting kinda bad/stubborn? company anymore, especially after locking the last topic like "let me alone, dont ask me" it was like showing a middle finger to people who just are worried and wanna know more about the roadmap. yeah maybe you think im dramatizing but why does someone/a company act like this. as i said if you come to a open market and want money from people you should also show respect to your customers.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

PebbleInAStream wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:34 pm Jesus, this turned into exactly what I hoped it wouldn't turn into after trying to politely communicate with the dev, no wonder he is silent...
Ah right so we get the blame, the customers who supported a new unproven developer.

Parawave entered the Synth market with an incredibly powerful instrument for its time that looked like a direct competitor to Avenger, for a short time they made several improvements not only to the GUI but also to the Synths functionality. Happy Days!
No one could doubt at that time the developer was busting their balls to keep the Synth relevant but something happened behind the scenes and Rapid started to loose traction against Avenger at which point I think the developer just threw in the towel.

As stated previously an idiot took exception to a preset name and attempted to coerce the developer here on kvr after which the developer probably blew a fuse.

But anyway there's noway the supporters who have since turned against Parawave should be held responsible for any lack of development.

It was updated in Nov. 2023 so at least it's chugging along, just at a slower pace:
https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_version_history

Doggo wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:40 am As stated previously an idiot took exception to a preset name and attempted to coerce the developer here on kvr after which the developer probably blew a fuse.
What was the preset name?

Doggo wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:40 am As stated previously an idiot took exception to a preset name and attempted to coerce the developer here on kvr after which the developer probably blew a fuse.
Parawave deleted that thread. If they could not handle a simple thing like that issue, then maybe they aren't cut out for the business.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

yellowmix wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:53 pm
What was the preset name?
Clean My Room Bitch or something like that.

Almost there..
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:06 am Almost there..
rsp
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since the authors of the plugin are ESL, I'm sure there was some misunderstanding etc. I've seen far, far worse attempts at English that are actually offensive and not mildly humorous.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

zvenx wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:06 am Almost there..
rsp
Yikes! If it's true the preset namer is not a fluent English speaker and unfamiliar with the culturally dominant English-speaking culture (the United States ), then it's understandable they may not know it's sexist in origin (see Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, identifying it as such since 1811) and continued usage. They could have heard it divorced from cultural context. Reminds me of a high-level religion leader who recently used a word in an unfamiliar language that is a homophobic slur.

If brought to a company's attention and they did not make proper amends, it is wholly unprofessional. Whether intentional or not, the religion leader apologized and that was that. A company double-downing is a sign of arrogance, and deleting records out of existence not only censorship but cowardice.

Long time ago I used a nasty word from a culture I was not familiar with, thinking it a term of endearment. My friend was kind and asked me to define it. I apologized and learned not to use words unless I'm completely certain I understand it and its cultural contexts. If a high-level religion leader was doing in their old age, then it's not an uncommon human mistake.

Return to “Instruments”