Punk Labs OneTrick Simian - Drum Synth Inspired by the Simmons SDS-V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OneTrick Simian

Is there a demo? I love the old Simmons sound but already have VSDS. How does this compare? I found you guys through your old mac-dock for Windows app. You do good work. I heard these drums all the time as a kid in everything from Genesis to Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers. Very nostalgic sound.

We don't have a demo available, but we do have sound samples up on the project site:
https://punklabs.com/ot-simian
Plugin releases: OneTrick SIMIAN - Drum Synth inspired by the SDS-V | OneTrick CRYPTID - FM drum synth | OneTrick URCHIN - Physically modeled lo-fi drum synth | OneTrick KEYS - physically modeled lo-fi piano synth

arkmabat wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:50 am I love the old Simmons sound but already have VSDS. How does this compare?
Good question. I did a search for VSDS and the only thing I can find is "ventricular septal defect." I think I can definitively say that OneTrick Simian is way better than ventricular septal defect.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

We have a Lite version available. :)

Announcement at:
https://punklabs.com/blog/onetrick-simi ... n-released
Plugin releases: OneTrick SIMIAN - Drum Synth inspired by the SDS-V | OneTrick CRYPTID - FM drum synth | OneTrick URCHIN - Physically modeled lo-fi drum synth | OneTrick KEYS - physically modeled lo-fi piano synth

Thanks!

Downloaded. Thanx :)

Any plans for multi out?
MacOS Ventura | Logic Pro 10 |

It's something we want to do in a future major update.

Version 2 is out now with great updates, including multi-out, better preset handling, chromatic MIDI channels, and CLAP plugin. It's a free update! Unfortunately for me it also has graphics updates that leave me behind. I either need to get a new CPU or graphics card (maybe?) to be able to run it.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/punk-labs ... uses-60841
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Thanks pough for helping get the word out!

We're really pleased with this released and we hope everyone enjoys the new features. This brings SIMIAN in line with our other plugin creations.

Side note: Seems Studio One is having an issue with our multi-out. After some investigating, we've seen other plugins exhibit the same problem with the buses being available but greyed out. Particularly with VST3s, and workarounds being to use a VST2 version if available. We don't have a VST2 version. We're working on what we can do to get around this. Just wanted to mention that it has been brought to our attention and we're on it. Otherwise SIMIAN does function properly in Studio One.

Return to “Instruments”