Contest June: Gossip + Result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New theme
Last edited by Hellfog on Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old age, death, impermanence of life in matter, life after body death

Being an incurable optimist, I'd prefer just Rebirth
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Through-composed music

Laguna Rising wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:41 pm Through-composed music
We did that in January 2012 :-P
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I like that theme :idea:

From Wikipedia:
"In the theory of musical form, through-composed music is a continuous, non-sectional, and non-repetitive piece of music. The term is typically used to describe songs, but can also apply to instrumental music."

It's surprisingly hard to do if you're not used to it - especially if with lyrics :help:

I started a no-repeat no-rhythm a cappella right after the stinky tango, it ain't that hard to do. It might become the June contest upload even.

Next month theme is:
Through-composed music

Hellfog wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:19 am Next month theme is:
Through-composed music
Time limit?

folderol wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:48 pm
We did that in January 2012 :-P
I remember it well, it was nice. :)
It doesn't seems so long ago... :oops:

folderol wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:33 am
Through-composed music
Time limit?
5 min

Hellfog wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 5:28 pm
folderol wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:33 am
Through-composed music
Time limit?
5 min
Fank Ooo :D

When you say no repeats, what about a drum pattern on what is otherwise non-repeating?
Also, what about chords? Surely at some point you are going to repeat one, so how much of a sequence is regarded as as a repeat?

folderol wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:21 pm When you say no repeats, what about a drum pattern on what is otherwise non-repeating?
Also, what about chords? Surely at some point you are going to repeat one, so how much of a sequence is regarded as as a repeat?
I'm unlikely to have time for the contest, so I don't want to insert myself too much. But, I'd imagine that accompaniment and other such supporting patterns are probably fair game. It's the primary melodies/foreground-element(s) which usually decide the structure, so I'd say those are what ought to be through-composed (it would be hard to achieve cohesion if everything must be different at all times).

Return to “Music Cafe”