Arturia FX Collection 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FX Collection 5

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:38 am I won't mind so long as V Collection XI is $99 (or less) for a V7/FX4 owner :lol:
Well, to be fair I also own ColdFire and the Winter freebie, so the Upgrade doesnt really make any sense for me now. Its how it always worked with Arturia, some get lucky and others not so much.
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

It was actually $99 to upgrade from V4 to V8 but now they'd like $299 to upgrade to V10. The new management is tough as nails.

planet_b wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:01 am Punishing upgrade prices again from Arturia. FX Collection 2 owners can get the same $99 deal as FX Collection 3 + Dist-Coldfire. :(
i have fx collection 3, dist coldfire (bought seperately), lx24 (bought seperately), filter ms-20 and efx refract (both free) and can upgrade to fx collection 4 for 199€ (or buy rotary cls-222 for 99€ :lol: ) or to fx collection 5 for 99€.
strange prices. still unsure if the 4 missing plugins are worth the 99€ to me.

audio/fault wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:01 am
planet_b wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:01 am Punishing upgrade prices again from Arturia. FX Collection 2 owners can get the same $99 deal as FX Collection 3 + Dist-Coldfire. :(
i have fx collection 3, dist coldfire (bought seperately), lx24 (bought seperately), filter ms-20 and efx refract (both free) and can upgrade to fx collection 4 for 199€ (or buy rotary cls-222 for 99€ :lol: ) or to fx collection 5 for 99€.
strange prices. still unsure if the 4 missing plugins are worth the 99€ to me.
Those are exactly the ones I own too. So 4 new Plugins of which maybe 2 are interesting for me. No Problem with that, yet its also just not a good Deal. :shrug:
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

Took the plunge.

Quick testing last night. Exciter sounded very good. I haven't done a direct comparison shootout with anything but the quality seemed better than other exciters I've tried.

The clipper has a "Lavry Gold" preset. It seems only to affect the clipper and saturation aspect. I wonder how it stacks up to Gold Clip.

Dark Fiber wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:20 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:03 am
wayford wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:33 am I would like Arturia to make a Tape plugin.
They have Mello-Fi. And if they had merely added a mix knob to it, it could have been used as a tape flanger, too.
Would that be different compared to the plugin mix knob of your DAW?
Studio One doesn’t have a plugin mix knob. There is a splitter you can use to create parallel processing, though. Or you can put it on a send, and mix the return (FX) channel.

But tape flange was usually done on a whole mix. So it makes the most sense to place a tape flange on the master buss, which means it needs to be on an insert. This is where a mix knob would come in handy.

So yes, it can be done with a few extra steps, just like setting up parallel compression. But it's an unnecessary inconvenience, which is why lots of effects (including many compressors) include a mix knob. Arturia's own Bus FORCE is billed as a "parallel processing powerhouse."
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Dark Fiber wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:20 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:03 am
wayford wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:33 am I would like Arturia to make a Tape plugin.
They have Mello-Fi. And if they had merely added a mix knob to it, it could have been used as a tape flanger, too.
Would that be different compared to the plugin mix knob of your DAW?
What is 'plugin mix knob of your DAW' ?

nirm123 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:36 am I know for sure that in the past (say, up until 2 years ago or so) it was possible and many people did it. People just un-registered the license thru the web site (without contacting support) and sold it even though it wasn't according to Arturia formal policy.

Not sure if it's not possible anymore, I find it hard to believe that I suddenly see so many FX4 licenses for sell starting immediately after FX5 was released.

This guy is even selling FX2, FX3 AND FX4: viewtopic.php?t=606559, how can it be done if one can't sell a license which was used for upgrade?
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, there is no upgrade e.g. for me (coming from V3 plus everything that makes up V4 except the Dynacord emu plus the ex-freebie that's part of V5),
so I can only purchase a new independent license for V5 for 99€ and thus I'd then be free to let go of all my other FX-licenses... (however since I can't be arsed to do that I'm out this time around)

cryophonik wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:20 am Those are the only 4 Arturia plugins I don't have, so $49 puts it in no-brainer territory for me.
I'm in the $99 range, and for me that doesn't quite make sense, considering I have all the bases covered that are in the new offerings. They'll get me, eventually, but not this time. Same for the last V Collection.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:47 am
cryophonik wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:20 am Those are the only 4 Arturia plugins I don't have, so $49 puts it in no-brainer territory for me.
I'm in the $99 range, and for me that doesn't quite make sense, considering I have all the bases covered that are in the new offerings. They'll get me, eventually, but not this time. Same for the last V Collection.
This is where I’m at too. I’m on FX Collection 3 and I don’t see anything that makes me want to upgrade.

Someone on another forum mentioned they have the original FX collection and they have the same $99 upgrade price.

elxsound wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:50 pm Someone on another forum mentioned they have the original FX collection and they have the same $99 upgrade price.
Again: there is NO upgrade for you guys or me - it's a whole new license for V5 and this offer seems to be available to all customers who own some piece of software from them.

planet_b wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:59 am It was actually $99 to upgrade from V4 to V8 but now they'd like $299 to upgrade to V10. The new management is tough as nails.
Maybe management are out on a team building exercise for the next few weeks :lol:, because today I crossgraded from FX4 to FX5 for 49e (vs 69e to upgrade), which granted me a new license meaning I could sell on FX4 for 49e. Basically upgraded for free :party:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:01 am
planet_b wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:59 am It was actually $99 to upgrade from V4 to V8 but now they'd like $299 to upgrade to V10. The new management is tough as nails.
Maybe management are out on a team building exercise for the next few weeks :lol:, because today I crossgraded from FX4 to FX5 for 49e (vs 69e to upgrade), which granted me a new license meaning I could sell on FX4 for 49e. Basically upgraded for free :party:
Daredevil!

jens wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:06 pm
elxsound wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:50 pm Someone on another forum mentioned they have the original FX collection and they have the same $99 upgrade price.
Again: there is NO upgrade for you guys or me - it's a whole new license for V5 and this offer seems to be available to all customers who own some piece of software from them.
Correct. I do not own an FX collection but get the 99 dollar crossgrade price (assuming from VC8).

jens wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:06 pm
Again: there is NO upgrade for you guys
I think you must have missed my account while you were checking everybody else's...
artupg.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”