Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's hope.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:16 am
Resonant- Serpent wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:36 pm User since v1 and there's no way I'm paying 199.99 for this update.
Same here. In particular as I am using it only as RRP. It is impossible to justify such a price for a simple synth and FX.

I would only considere whith 2 digits...
I’m giving it my considered 2 digits right now :)

It is obvious, they want to pull you to subscription.
artie fichelle sounds natural

Just got told in the live stream that custom tags are planned, no timeframe, though. If they implement that, and custom categories for devices, I'm upgrading. No problem waiting for that, it might nicely coincide with a sale.

Meanwhile, they can get rid of a bunch of existing bugs :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, Moved to Reason and Rack Extensions exclusively (from Reaper and VSTs) several years ago.

Upgraded yesterday. This is the best version of Reason by a long shot for me. It looks better, Feels faster, and is rock solid as far as stability. I've always been inspired making music in Reason but 13 just made it even quicker. Once you get a handle of the shortcut keys its lightning fast to generate ideas in the sequencer.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jens wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:05 pm
sQeetz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:09 pm
jens wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:57 pm
sQeetz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:11 pm I'm not really up-to-date with Akai, but would you expect an MPC to act like, for example Logic regarding audio editing?
To me Reason is a simplified -music making tool-
That's all there is to it
Reason is a DAW - has been for more than a decade - hasn't been a plugin until recently.
Didn't say it was supposed to be just a plugin.
I mean the DAW side of Reason. It was never meant to be Cubase or Logic or any full fledged DAW. Just the basic sequencer stuff plus a bunch of players and utilities added
That is an absolutely pointless argument for four very simple and very obvious reasons:

a) you have no idea what it was ever meant to be.

b) you have no idea what they have envisioned for it now.

c) I never mentioned Cubase or Logic, so why do you?
What do these have to do with the features I mentioned?
Mentioning any of these in this context is completely off topic.

d) when it offers a certain feature, such as e.g. audio-recording,
it should do so in as painless and functional way as possible. Had you understood what I meant,
you would know that I wasn't really talking about any actual additional features, but much rather that the existing stuff is fully and painlessly useable. If you don't record audio, you of course couldn't care less about this. But then of course you have no competence on the matter either.
All I was trying to say is that it was never meant to be a Protools or Cubase. It is a DAW you can use to record your stuff with, yes... could there be stuff added to make this task easier... of course. But one has to keep in mind, that that's not what it was meant to be. It's something it haphazardly evolved into.

Worst offender for that is FL Studio. It's the Franken-DAW of all Franken-DAWs because stuff got bolted on to it even if it doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of the actual DAW at all just because users wanted it and executive ordered it to be done and devs did their job.
I read fallible nonsense such as yours all the time. It's just a pointless inconsequential, irrelevant and incompetent waste of words in all of its entirety, so please forgive me my lack of discipline when it comes to holding back vitriol.
It's basically just that my FRs don't interest you and so you come up with the most absurd non-arguments as to why my FR aren't valid. How nice!
yeah. GFYS too man :)
Last edited by sQeetz on Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

jjpscott01 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:13 am Upgraded yesterday. This is the best version of Reason by a long shot for me. It looks better, Feels faster, and is rock solid as far as stability. I've always been inspired making music in Reason but 13 just made it even quicker. Once you get a handle of the shortcut keys its lightning fast to generate ideas in the sequencer.
I am happy for you. As you can see from my history I was eager to upgrade. But after seeing the browser fiasco (I was on the beta) and the lack of favorites I rely on - I decided to not upgrade. I am not paying them 200 EUR for regression in my workflow.

I tried but no it's like a stick in my eye. At first, I thought it was just me. But apparently, I am not alone.

Generally, it is a nonissue for me because R12 still works just awesome for me. My bolds guess is that they will work on favorites in the future and polish even more. Maybe then I upgrade.

Though new devices are top quality, I just don't need them anymore. After spending nearly 3000EUR on various REs over the years - I am covered for life.

sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:28 am All I was trying to say is that it was never meant to be a Protools or Cubase. It is a DAW you can use to record your stuff with, yes... could there be stuff added to make this task easier... of course. But one has to keep in mind, that that's not what it was meant to be. It's something it haphazardly evolved into.
And all I was trying to say is that first of all you have not the slightest, faintest of ideas "what it was meant to be" and secondly that nobody besides you ever mentioned or even just hinted at "Protools or Cubase".

jens wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:36 am And all I was trying to say is that first of all you have not the slightest, faintest of ideas "what it was meant to be" a...
But you do. Because if you didn't you wouldn't know who was wrong about what it should or shouldn't be... right?
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

kmonkey wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:31 am.. and the lack of favorites I rely on - I decided to not upgrade.
I also categorized my whole plugin database into favorites... all gone. From what I heard, they are going to do something about it in future updates, but who knows when

sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:25 am
kmonkey wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:31 am.. and the lack of favorites I rely on - I decided to not upgrade.
I also categorized my whole plugin database into favorites... all gone. From what I heard, they are going to do something about it in future updates, but who knows when
Yeah Mattias just said on the livestream an hour ago that they heard the feedback on device favorites and they are already looking into a solution to remedy this.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:37 am
jens wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:36 am And all I was trying to say is that first of all you have not the slightest, faintest of ideas "what it was meant to be" a...
But you do. Because if you didn't you wouldn't know who was wrong about what it should or shouldn't be... right?
I wouldn't - and I certainly wouldn't argue it as it is - as I pointed out before - and absolutely moot and stupid point/argument to begin with. It's of absolutely no consequence what a programme initially started out as / initially was supposed to do. Cubase, for instance, started out as a MIDI only sequencer, while the Reason of today on the other hand initially was an audio-only DAW. And still the kiddo noobs of today such as you think it was the other way around, which just goes to show what an immensely absurd argument it is to begin with.

jjpscott01 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:37 am
sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:25 am
Yeah Mattias just said on the livestream an hour ago that they heard the feedback on device favorites and they are already looking into a solution to remedy this.
I started watching it but drifted away doing something else.... nice to hear

jens wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:45 amAnd still the kiddo noobs of today such as you think it was the other way around, which just goes to show what an immensely absurd argument it is to begin with.
Kiddo.. Like already mentioned GFYS :) I've been using Reason since Version less than 5. I dunno
I'm the one who should be calling you kiddo, kiddo... :hihi:
I've had enough of this. Rest your case with one more post. I'm not gonna respond to it, so you can give it to me really hard.

sQeetz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:50 am I've been using Reason since Version less than 5.
Then you should well know that Reason was discontinued after V5 and Record V2 was renamed Reason 6.

(Which makes your whole line of arguing even more disingenious and agenda-driven.)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”