SynthMaster 3 Beta (VST2/VST3/AAX/AU2/Standalone/Demo) rev 15325 update, reaching 679 factory presets so far!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 3 SynthMaster One SynthMaster Standard Bundle

A bit of feedback: I worked a lot with SM3 over the last 3 days going through tutorials and exploring.
a.) SM3 is mindblowingly deep and sounds fantastic!
b.) I stumbled over several things that I sadly couldn't reproduce, like the occasional crash when adding a module and connecting it while playing the track and I had ~3 occasions where a preset wasn't saved correctly and when I got back to it it had in one case lost all it's FX in the first layer (there only was one), in another a module got disconnected that shouldn't, things like that.
So I guess it's still a lot of small things that are hard to catch, but overall it felt pretty stable and reliable enough to start exploring. Thanks to Bitwig a plugin crash isn't that much of a deal anyway.

And just for fun: I currently work in realtime animation a lot and did this simple soundtrack for my latest piece, the two main sounds are one layer of SM3 each, including all the sequencing and effects (other than a Valhalla Vintage Verb, the internal reverb isn't for me somehow):
https://youtu.be/9UW2bHQ8Y3Y

So thanks a lot again for all your hard work!

Cheers,

Tom

P.S. this time I was using the VST2 version on Windows 11 Home in Bitwig 4.4.10.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream | Instagram | YouTube

Nice :) Sometimes i forget how deep and diverse sound SM2 can do and hope SM3 to be able to load 95% of original sound made with sm1 and sm2 so to be mixed as layers inside sm3.
If release new soundset probably will be for sm3 with multilayer structure,absolutely not interested to make normal soundsets anymore.

Hi!
I bought the Synthmaster 3 BETA and I love it.
However, it is still very "buggy" and this thread seems to be the place for us "beta testers" to post our bug reports.

So, here goes...

I'm using the latest version of Synthmaster 3 (Revision 15274) in Logic 11 on an Intel MacBookPro 2019.

I start from the Init preset (1 Oscillator and 1 Filter) and I create a second oscillator to do some detuning. (As you do...) Wishing to put a wave shaper first in the "Filter section", after the oscillators but before any filters, I click the option to REMOVE Filter 1.

This results in a crash. Every time.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:46 am If release new soundset probably will be for sm3 with multilayer structure,absolutely not interested to make normal soundsets anymore.
Remember you can only post links in the Soundware forum :tu:

Cuz_I'm_Broke wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:57 pm I start from the Init preset (1 Oscillator and 1 Filter) and I create a second oscillator to do some detuning. (As you do...) Wishing to put a wave shaper first in the "Filter section", after the oscillators but before any filters, I click the option to REMOVE Filter 1.
There should be at least a filter or waveshaper after the oscillators. So, I fixed the issue by disabling the Remove menu item when there's only 1 filter or waveshaper.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but I went back a few pages and did not see it. I have versions 1 and 2. Went to the web site and selected the version to upgrade to version 3 offer. Entered my version 2 number and it accepted the number, reflecting the $29 upgrade deal. Went to the check out page and it was back to $89 and the apply coupon does not affect the price. Any ideas?
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:57 am Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but I went back a few pages and did not see it. I have versions 1 and 2. Went to the web site and selected the version to upgrade to version 3 offer. Entered my version 2 number and it accepted the number, reflecting the $29 upgrade deal. Went to the check out page and it was back to $89 and the apply coupon does not affect the price. Any ideas?
I'd recommend you to start over: https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster3.aspx

Just delete the item in your shopping cart, and then add the upgrade product again, and then goto the checkout page.
Works at KV331 Audio

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:55 pm b.) I stumbled over several things that I sadly couldn't reproduce, like the occasional crash when adding a module and connecting it while playing the track
Do you remember the routing configuration? I tried adding/removing osc/filter/waveshapers while a note is on and couldn't get any crashes with the latest version.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:56 am
ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:55 pm b.) I stumbled over several things that I sadly couldn't reproduce, like the occasional crash when adding a module and connecting it while playing the track
Do you remember the routing configuration? I tried adding/removing osc/filter/waveshapers while a note is on and couldn't get any crashes with the latest version.
Sadly not exactly. The preset was lost in the crash.
I think I had two parallel filters going into the FX and the connection I was trying to make was from the second/lower filter to the FX.
I had a sequencer running inside of SM3 and Bitwigs timeline was running too.

I also remember dragging the link/cable/connection and having a bit of a problem hitting the connector, thinking that it would be great to have a clear snapping zone. I work a lot with node based 3D software and that helps a lot with clearly knowing when the connection is actually made.
I use a wacom tablet with a pen and there one moves always a tiny bit when clicking/releasing, so a bit larger connection zone + snapping would be great.

BTW: Do you have any plans to support CLAP?

Cheers and thanks!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream | Instagram | YouTube

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:15 am I think I had two parallel filters going into the FX and the connection I was trying to make was from the second/lower filter to the FX.
I had a sequencer running inside of SM3 and Bitwigs timeline was running too.
Gotcha. was able to reproduce this, happens with VAnalog/Comb/Phaser/Format filters. Just fixed!
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

Guys, I am considering delaying the official release of SynthMaster 3 to September 2, because of the following reasons:

1. Most of our sound designers have not finished their work yet. Without presets that show off the strengths of the synth, making a release is pointless.
2. Granular oscillator is not implemented yet, I promised in the past that it would come with SynthMaster 3. So, if I release without granular oscillator, I know for sure that there is going to be some disappointment among some users (and maybe reviewers from online publications as well)
3. Summer is not a good time to release products. Sales dip in summer (and they already did for the past month). Most people are on vacation in summer, and the "season" starts at the end of August when schools start 🙂

Anyhow, I will continue making weekly releases, and add factory presets as they arrive. No change on that front until September :)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:41 am Guys, I am considering delaying the official release of SynthMaster 3 to September 2, because of the following reasons:

1. Most of our sound designers have not finished their work yet. Without presets that show off the strengths of the synth, making a release is pointless.
2. Granular oscillator is not implemented yet, I promised in the past that it would come with SynthMaster 3. So, if I release without granular oscillator, I know for sure that there is going to be some disappointment among some users (and maybe reviewers from online publications as well)
3. Summer is not a good time to release products. Sales dip in summer (and they already did for the past month). Most people are on vacation in summer, and the "season" starts at the end of August when schools start 🙂

Anyhow, I will continue making weekly releases, and add factory presets as they arrive. No change on that front until September :)
Seems you are not "considering" but "have decided" ;-)
Anyway, thanks for your transparency and sharing openly...

I don't mind having something to look forward for September, it is normally a shitty month hehe.

I would really like to see a stable release which works correctly in all plugin formats and not just some of them. I'm sure reviewers will appreciate that too.

So taking some time to polish everything will probably pay off because first impressions matter.

Good decision, in my opinion. Also people can already try the beta, which feels quite solid to me.

Your synthmaster player $5 flash sale isn't working when I to pay it says I need a synthmaster 2 license and kicks me off payment. I've tried to draw attention on your dedicated forum page but getting no response

Return to “Instruments”