Very simple VST plugin needed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I'm using Steinberg's VStack on MacOSX which is great but very MIDI centric. I'm thinking of expanding my live act to incorporate audio inputs and live audio processing but VStack doesn't seem to be able to work with any kind of audio in. Soooo... I was wondering, is there a VST out there which is nothing more than you specify an audio in (say an XLR input on an external firewire soundcard) and then the 'output' of the 'synth' is just the audio that is recorded?

BR, Keith

What you need is a different host.

Try Brainspawn Forte, or Xlutop Chainer, or any of a million others.

well yeah but I like VStack and am used to it etc etc and it does everything I want apart from the audio input side. It seems like a completely obvious thing to do to have a synth that was the external world recorded through a microphone, seems to fit the whole idea of a VST perfectly wouldn't you say?

well I've managed to find two possibilities which I will list here in case they are useful for somebody else. There is Jack OSX

http://www.jackosx.com/

which pretty much seems to give me exactly what I want although it is an effect rather than instrument.

Also Absynth 3 is now able to work with a live input as an 'oscillator' so could presumably be configured to work as a pure line in/mic for further audio processing and manipulation (and is very well suited to doing this as well)

Return to “Instruments”