QWERTY Triggering Feature?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've tried them ALL and nothing...NOTHING beats Midi Key Hook. Caps lock/Esc activates/deactivates..no need to connect anything within XT ala Trollo.
It works with Midi Yoke so just install and oila....ready to go.

I've bought this up already, the cool thing about Midi Key Hook is you can utilize the "F" keys (F1,F2,F3 etc.) to switch octaves. REALLY convenient when you are triggering loops etc.
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

Where can I find out more about Midi Key Hook?

onexeno wrote:
Charlie wrote: ... I always found the latency on trollo a problem.

Please, please can we add this feature into XT2.
I agree. +1
+1, also I have some (good?) ideas how to implement velocity and pitchbend controls beside notes

guitarzan wrote:Where can I find out more about Midi Key Hook?
I have been having problems finding links. The license agreement says not to distribute otherwise i'd put a link to a zip file.

liqih wrote:+1, also I have some (good?) ideas how to implement velocity and pitchbend controls beside notes
Add velocity for QWERTY keys????? :hail:
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

liqih wrote: ... also I have some (good?) ideas how to implement velocity and pitchbend controls beside notes
Sounds interesting; can you say more?

Former Pharaoh wrote: Add velocity for QWERTY keys????? :hail:
hey I'm no Harry Potter, LOL,
of course the keys remains on..off switches,
but there are some ways to assign modifiers
Sounds interesting; can you say more?
to jorgen if he likes, <wink>

velocity for qwerty is sometimes done by holding shift to get a second value. (not too human but best solution I could come up with)

i think qwerty keys would be awesome, it is just real coveniant to preview stuff quick

i think it should be a native feature as well. +1.
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

chuck death wrote:
frog_jr wrote:
chuck death wrote:Did you set both Tracktionkeys midi output and Energy XT's midi input to the same mid yoke channel? If you did and it still didn't work, then I don't have a clue why it's not working. :shrug:
Vanillin Midi Keyboard. The best one I've gotten to work. I used Maple Midi loopback device btw.

http://www.vanilin.org/software/?homepage
Just tried installing it and got this:

Probably just a false positive but I think I'll stick with Tracktionkeys! :shock:
I forgot to come back the other night and mention that this program installs but doesn't create an uninstaller or a uninstall option in "add/remove programs". I had to manually remove all traces of the program myself. I really wouldn't recommend this program to anyone, it's far more trouble than it's worth and potentially harmful to your computer. :(

I have always said that eXT should have native support for qwerty midi input e.g as a native component. That way you can patch the midi input any way you like and you don't need a midi loopback. Having said that, TracktionKeys 2.0 looks pretty exciting. For example, now it is possible to let TracktionKeys hook all configured keys and let through all unused keys to eXT. That way you can input notes via TracktionKeys and use eXT shortkeys at the same time without having TracktionKeys capture the shortkeys as well. You can control the eXT sequencer and input notes without having to activate and deactivate TracktionKeys all the time as soon as you wish to send a command to eXT. Before I was going out of my head. Every second keystroke was the TracktionKeys activate/deactivate shortkey. "Input note, deactivate TracktionKeys, ctrl-left to move note in eXT sequencer, activate TracktionKeys, input note, deactivate TracktionKeys, ctrl-right to move note in eXT sequencer, *gaaaah!!*". Heh, I have to try this out :).

//Tomas

yes again. this would mkae life easier.
Press ctrl+k and shorcuts are switched off (except play stop record and navigation) and the qwerty becomes a midi input device.
Press ctrl+k again to switch it off.

I may be missing something, but I simply load the VST version into Minihost and use its qwerty support. This is also how I get Chainer to work regardless of window focus.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

yes but that is the vst in a different host. Soma i like the idea you have of switching it on and off. I also liked the idea about velocity using shift, i don;t think any other host has qwerty supprt with velocity.

Anyone know if it is possible to use a seperate keyboard to trigger midi and keep my laptop one functioning normal.
That way I can use an old usb keyboard as a midi triggering device.
I was looking at a padcontroller for that sort of thing, but that just seems overkill.

Return to “energyXT”