Zen features requests

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did we already ask for custom preset color codes? For some reason I can't get used to the current colors...

bM3w wrote:Did we already ask for custom preset color codes? For some reason I can't get used to the current colors...
Hasn't been asked, but it's just a matter of editing the skin...

Big Tick wrote:
bM3w wrote:Did we already ask for custom preset color codes? For some reason I can't get used to the current colors...
Hasn't been asked, but it's just a matter of editing the skin...
...which isn't available as a separate file(s), so I can't do that myself, right?

of course you can :)
The skins are in the Zen folder, under skins/
Each skin is under its own folder, at the moment there is only one, called "default", in skins/default.

You can copy skins/default to skin/bM3w, and then go in zen.properties and change:

Code: Select all

# the name of the current skin, found in the skins folder
zen.skin: default
to point to the new skin.

In the skin folder itself, you can edit the colors.properties file, as well as the bitmaps. The presets list uses a few bitmaps to display the various colors, so yo will need to edit these but it shouldn't be a lot of work.

:o Aha, it's in the user folder, not in the actual ZEN program folder. That's why I didn't see it before.

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try :)

OK, you might want to read this, I have started writing things down into something than can now be called a roadmap.

Today FR:

1) a "clear search" button on the far right of the search box
2) a function to list only untagged presets per VST

ok... now I need to find some suitable icons for these... not easy...

It would be great to be able to load and layer several presets from different VSTs. Not sure if this is even possible but it would a super handy feature. :love:

Also some kind of easy "favorites" function would be quite useful I think.

Not sure if this is the right place for this suggestion but - how about a version of Zen for effect plugins? I, for one, will save a huge amount of time if I was e able to compare, say, reverbs or Amplitue and Guitar Rig presets without having to switch between plugins.

Presets layers is something I've been considering. I just don't want to be too much Kore-like, so I'd rather develop the presets sharing side first, as well as the presets sales (let's face it, I am going to need some income at some point to keep working full-time on a free project like this)

As for ZenFX, this has been requested too many times to be ignored. My first impression is that it should be straightforward to make a FX version. Then again, the devil is in the details... I'll put it in the roadmap, though, to be sure I don't forget...

What about the "favourites" function?

Btw I really like Zen and can easily see myself buying plugin presets once this function is enabled. Once the the presets layers are a fact, too, people will be able to share and sell presets which use more then one synth. That would be the bomb, because there is no other product offering this kind of functionality on the market.
So - don't worry about the money - Zen is a piece of genius and has the potential to change the VST market. I'd say you will be a millionaire in 2 years tops. OK, given the crisis and all, maybe 5. :wink:

The favourites function is already there - just tag the presets you want with the "favorite" tag. It's in the tags list, in the lower right.

By the way, I'm working on the stars rating system now - what do you think of this ? too busy ?

'Tick

Not too busy at all. That space was unused anyways. I like it :tu:

Very nice

Return to “Big Tick”