MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FabBad wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:38 pm

Hi, at the moment M9 doesn't support VST3, but it's on the list

Also, even more fabulous is that the fact Mutools is a one man business so he (Jo Langie) is the developer of this DAW. 8)
Ah, ok, doesn't support VST3, ok. It's good that it's on the list

Wow, only one person!, still has more merit, congrats Jo.

Some module don't have have edit function anymore or did i missunderstood something ?
I can import project from mulab 8 and they work , but i cannot edit and verify settings.
-Audio input module . Not edit cannot select input (not in main , not in composer)
- Midi remapper module . No edit for remapping.

Maybe other module have not edit any more. Have to go back and stay in Mulab 8 . Until now new release is useless for me.

Braserox wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:35 pm Audio input module . Not edit cannot select input (not in main , not in composer)
Just like in M8, there are 2 types of input/output modules:

* Project In/Out modules. These are the final ins/outs before the audio/events leave MuLab.
They have an editor that allows you to choose a specific device in/out.

* MUX Modular In/Out modules which represent an in/out jack of that MUX. Creating/deleting an in/out module creates/deletes an in/out jack for that MUX. There is nothing to edit here.
Midi remapper module . No edit for remapping.
I double-clicked the MIDI CHannel Rempaer module in M9 and the editor pops up fine just like in M8.
Until now new release is useless for me.
A pity to hear that.
Even the Live Clip Matrix is not useful in your musical workflow?

Out of curiosity: What genre of music do you make?

Thanks for answers maybe i'm too oldschool . I didnt never used doubleklick on modules so didn't see this behavoure, sorry ...
I use mulab since mulab 7 as a kind off Mainstage to mix and combine hardware synth and vsti and mulab synths But most problem i have with Mulab 9 is the frame management. The new container system is lot of resizing frames each time i load an other project . A project is for me like a rig setting for each songs or song groupe. I have 6 keyboards connected to mulab, Fantom, Nektar , Arturia and more, Mulab is ever better than Ableton for complex connections. Each rack is a midi channel connecte to internal vs or/and external hardware gear.
I have not found a way to have program changes for vst or mux from different midi input
channels. Only way i have found is thru a midi vst tool to change prog change on vst .
Other problem i have not found solution is midi CC from different midi channel input to mux or vst. Midi CC only work on a active containers settings.

Braserox wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:58 pm most problem i have with Mulab 9 is the frame management. The new container system is lot of resizing frames each time i load an other project.
I don't understand what you mean.
What do you mean with "container"?
Which "frames" (= windows?) do you need to resize each time?
I have not found a way to have program changes for vst or mux from different midi input
channels. Only way i have found is thru a midi vst tool to change prog change on vst .
You mean using Program Change events to change the program/patch in a MUX or VST?
MUX itself indeed doesn't support atm, that's the same in M8 and M9.
But if you route Program Change events towards a VST it will depend on that VST whether that VST does something with it or not.
Other problem i have not found solution is midi CC from different midi channel input to mux or vst. Midi CC only work on a active containers settings.
What do you mean with "container"? You mean a Rack?
(cfr https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mulab/rack.html )

About the routing of MIDI input, please see these relevant doc pages:

https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mu ... uting.html
https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mu ... llers.html

Hope this helps.

With frame management in Mulab 9, i mean Multiple floating frames: Mainframe when project is loaded , project frame , modular frame of project all no more connected . If i want like Mutooll 8 i have to resize all frames and put on right position. Save project dont save frame sizes and position so you have to do it each time you load a project . This why i said Mulab 9 unusable for live for me now.

Braserox wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:56 pm With frame management in Mulab 9, i mean Multiple floating frames: Mainframe when project is loaded , project frame , modular frame of project all no more connected . If i want like Mutooll 8 i have to resize all frames and put on right position.
By default MuLab 9 works exactly the same as MuLab 8: One window with an integrated composer view. See the video below. So i don't know what what you mean. Maybe a screenshot of what you mean could help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lwut2ivg8

I think he's referring to the main wi Dow then each front panel window/MuX that is opened has to be resized and MuLab doesn't remember sizes from one session to another. Is that right?

That's similar in M8 and M9 and as he's referring to something that is different in M9 compared to M8 i don't think that's the main issue he encounters.

Return to “MUTOOLS”