Any good metal drum VSTi's/sample libraries?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Toldya! :D

\m/

EvilDragon wrote:No round-robin on that kit? Damn, that's a fail.

Would've liked another china and a spock cymbal, as well.
NSKIT_7 derives from times "pre massive KSPing". I'm actually happy that I got one copy myself, because now these samples seem to be buried.

Plenty of alternatives out there. For "more cymbals", I sometimes abuse (no round robin either - but hey, Kontakt has a random pitch script) Purrfect Audio Cymbals Collection.

Also, to maybe push Impact Soundworks sales a bit... have you (the OP) listened to the audio demos of "Shreddage"? IIRC, the Demo Track "Desertion" (a remix of Final Fantay 6's Battle Music, also known as "The Decisive Battle") uses GROOVE BIAS, their own Drum Library.

Though the attack surely sounds like Slate. Then again, nothing agressive EQ and compression could do, no?

Else... if only Kontakt can be used:
NSKIT7 (if you can still get it), Drumasonic, Slate Drums, and what else is out there. But personally I wouldn't ditch what you already have. You only need the right EQ/compression/mix.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

KSP has nothing to do with round-robin, since Kontakt has built-in RR in Group Start Options... But ok :) While NS kit sounds great, it's really missing those RRs and it can be heard... Way too mechanical sounding.

Again, random pitch script - less mechanical sounding. Do that all the time.
Or try to hunt down the dev and ask for an update.

Then again:
Thread seems to be solved... and it was (apart from the Shreddage reference) in the wrong section IMO.

But glad it got sorted out eventually.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

EvilDragon wrote:Toldya! :D

\m/
I'm not the best mixer, especially when it comes to drums, but here's an example of what I did with the Metal ADpak:

Weylin's Slayer Orchestra (warfighter67) - Over You

Wanted to resurrect this thread because "Shreddage Drums" is on sale right now at lootaudio. I can't find much information on using it for metal though. Thought TMF's bundle might also be good, but appears to be older and not nearly as flexible and user-friendly: https://metalfactorystudios.com/store/p ... l-kontakt/

Return to “Impact Soundworks”