is mutools a self contained sampler and sequencer workstation?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AstralExistence wrote:guys i just bought this and its worth every penny. http://www.galbanum.com/products/archit ... forms2010/ :D
Too many waveforms too choose from :-o

You know that you can also draw the waveforms of the MuSynth Oscs yourself and even let MuLab randomize the waveform, right? :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

these are wavetables, correct?
the oscillator was named WTF Oscillator in previous versions, and that means wavetable frequency oscillator.
I dont know the technicall deatails or Jo's secrets hiding in this wonderfull Osc, i just can enjoy the results :D

I reccomend to anyone that owns analog synths to sample the basic raw waveforms, take some single cycles and load them in the MUX.
I do this with various basslines and trust me, you must try that guys :harp:

Nielzie wrote: You know that you can also draw the waveforms of the MuSynth Oscs yourself and even let MuLab randomize the waveform, right? :D
You can also mix 2 waveforms, like a saw and a square, and define how much % of each wave is put into the mix.

Select a wave in the OSC and copy it
Select a new wave and then paste the previous one
Define the depth
Enjoy :P

Thank you Juan. I'll try that!
MuLab of course :D

sorry im trying to get my head around this a little...

so i downloaded the sample waveforms and they seem to be only a loop. i guess i thought a wavetable was more like a transwave but i think you must load more than one loop and morph between them in your wavetable capable synth/sampler... right?

interested for sure. theres some crazy waveforms in there... is there a way to morph from one to another in mulab in real time?

you can mix two waves to be used as oscillators are far as i'm aware. they get converted to single cycle waveforme and gives great scope for sound creation!

> DiGiT < wrote:sorry im trying to get my head around this a little...

so i downloaded the sample waveforms and they seem to be only a loop. i guess i thought a wavetable was more like a transwave but i think you must load more than one loop and morph between them in your wavetable capable synth/sampler... right?

interested for sure. theres some crazy waveforms in there... is there a way to morph from one to another in mulab in real time?
The problem is, those instruments are called wrong for a long time...

A wavetable is nothing else than an audiofile...like these single cycle wavs from Galbanum you can load them in any sampler or like in Mu.Lab drop them into an OSC...

Wavetable synthesis or wavescanning or wavesequencing are those things you meant...many single cycle wavs after each other in one file and the OSC of these instruments like PPG or in our days Massive are able to scan through them to build up interesting evolving sounds...

But an instrument, which uses wavetables is not automatically an instrument, which uses wavetable synthesis

bummer. so i need to use massive to make some of those groovy patches i heard in the demo? or simply build it into a mux i suppose.

i did buy those waves. they sound great. thanks for the heads up yalls!

sfz can load a wave and, with the appropriate settings, use single cycles if you want...
http://www.drealm.info/sfz/plj-sfz.xhtml#what

> DiGiT < wrote:bummer. so i need to use massive to make some of those groovy patches i heard in the demo? or simply build it into a mux i suppose.

they do sound incredible. id highly recommenced the architecture2010. i just bought mutools last week so im still not able to get very powerful sounds yet however the silencio synth by trancit show that mu tools can be quite powerful. i really think silencio works quite with the galbunum waves.

that said, i sold reason because it was just too deep to make my own sounds, im finding that mutools is not too hard to program and though its not nearly as powerful as reason the shorter learning curve, ease of use, and really the whole 'fun' factor of using the program make up for it.

i think if i force myself to stay with mu that mastering mu, (which unlike reason is definitely possible id be a fool not to buy the galbunum waves because they really bring the sound design capabilities to mu to a whole new level. and if you dont have the pack, your really not utilizing the full sound design capabilities that mu tools offers.

the waves aren't like all samey sounding either. there extremely deep and go into the fractal territory. i think its gonna be a bit of development time to get to the point where mutools can fully utilize the power of the galbunum waves in the same way cakewalk rapture can. but, if you think your getting the same wav capabilites as those found in wavforms you find online your sadly mistaken.

your gonna have to pay to play because the deeper more complex sounding waves yes there a lot of complex wavforms in the pack) are created by top secret yet to be revealed methods and many waves are created by complex math too. lastly, galbanum is the top dog when it comes to single cycle waveform synthesis. and many well known vstis use the companys waves. so yeah, there well worth it as the demo waves offer nothing and dont even show the tip of the iceberg.

I do like the Galbanum waves as well. Huge variety!

As a little tip: before i got the Galbanum set i was making my own one cycle oscillator waves with the Wavosaur audio editor. The built in generators are a great starting point and then you select regions and start to swap/flip/mirror/ volume automate them to get new stuff. Great fun and cheap.
Just start with an empty (mono) file of 4096 sample length. One sine cycle would have to be have 10.766Hz to fully fit inside this file.

AstralExistence wrote:guys i just bought this and its worth every penny. http://www.galbanum.com/products/archit ... forms2010/ :D
Should we go with the 32FP or 64FP for MuLab?
MuLab of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
Should we go with the 32FP or 64FP for MuLab?
32 bit FP is fine.

> DiGiT < wrote:bummer. so i need to use massive to make some of those groovy patches i heard in the demo? or simply build it into a mux i suppose.

Just want to be precise here, that you don't get a misimpression of this thematic:

VSTi (and similar), which use wavetable synthesis like NI Massive, PPG or Propellerheads THOR can only use the fixed implemented wavetables, which come with the product...you cannot build your own ones for using them in such products. For these instruments, these Galbanum wavs are useless

Exceptions:
- as pljones pointed already, sfz sample format should be able to define "wavetable synthesis wavetables", which could be used in every sfz capable sampler, but afaik it's quite complicated and take a lot of knowledge and time...
- Afaik Vember Audio's Surge is capable of loading usermade Wavetables (in terms of multiple single cycles in one file)
- There is a way to turn single cycle wavs into shapes for use with U-He's Zebra, which is capable of morphing/scanning through multiple ones
- A real beast: Synthmaster 2.5 from kv331 is capable of loading different samples and use them for wavetable synthesis and as a little plus: with visual feedback! you can see in the Osc section, how the wave form changes...
If you are looking for a very good and affordable synth/sampler (it loads multisample sfz as well), this is a very very good one and featurewise unbeaten...

Other products offering wavesequencing:

Most famous one is the Wavestation from Korg another one is the Wusikstation on the VSTi market...
These instruments loading multiple wav files like in a "wavetable synthesis wavetable", but they are not able to scan/morph through them, they are only capable to play different waves in an predefined order... advantage of wusik station: better /easier to use...loads user wavs too (Korgs wavestation only uses internal ones)...

Hope this helps a bit...btw: I think, it should be possible to build up a MUX faking wavetable synthesis... it would not work the same way, but would sound the same...have an idea, but dunno, if it works like I guess...

Apparently Wusikstation also loads and lets you edit/create SFZ mappings, too, so you can play all the tricks SFZ format allows. When I'm not tied up with this MSc degree, I've so many things I need to find time for..! :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”