[BIAS Inc. has closed; authorization, updates still available for now]

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Master Perfection Suite Peak PitchCraft EZ SoundSoap SoundSoap Pro

antithesist wrote:
Meffy wrote:Antithesist, I think you're reading stuff into posts that wasn't intended by the posters. The right way to deal with it isn't to over-react, it's to plan ahead for when you can't get re-authorized.

If I were in your place I'd be researching the question of how long the auth service will be available and reporting back to the thread when I find out. That way you and others will be able to plan for the future instead of waiting for the unknown.

[edit] You might as well put your posts back. The first one was the useful link you posted, presumably to help others get information, and the second has already been quoted (I didn't take offense so you needn't worry about that).
Don't need your advice. Bye.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and let's all work the problem together.

Carey

ZenPunkHippy wrote:@ the OP - FWIW I agree with Meffy ...
CTStump wrote:Another developer Apple has left out to dry. There had been some speculation of this a while back, I feel for you people. :(
What does Apple have to do with Bias Inc. shutting down?

Peace,
Andy.
Bias peak was around before Apple purchased Logic and had an exclusive agreement prior to that. with Logic and Soundstage in direct competition it squeezed third party developers to the back of the line. unlike windows you can only develop with an exclusive agreement, hence left out to dry. :?

Is this going to be a delete me thread? :?:

CTStump wrote:Is this going to be a delete me thread? :?:
Kinda hope not. It could serve as a point of mobilization, for instance to see whether the devs can be convinced to release a permanently authorizable version to existing licensees. I've no idea whether that could be done, but unless someone asks it will be that less likely.

Anyone game to give it a shot?

unlike windows you can only develop with an exclusive agreement, hence left out to dry.
No idea what you are talking about here. Anyone can develop and release Mac apps using XCode or a standard / open source Unix compiler.

If you mean requiring a Gatekeeper certificate for 10.8, that will add a total of $100 to the cost because a developer account is required to obtain the certificate. Hardly a show stopper.

I'd say this is due to poor sales. The software - no matter how good - has always been expensive enough that I could not justify a license. Or, like Redmatica, they have been bought out by Apple (who need a decent audio editor to replace Soundtrack Pro) ... but you would think some kind of announcement would be made if that was the case.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

CTStump wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:@ the OP - FWIW I agree with Meffy ...
CTStump wrote:Another developer Apple has left out to dry. There had been some speculation of this a while back, I feel for you people. :(
What does Apple have to do with Bias Inc. shutting down?

Peace,
Andy.
Bias peak was around before Apple purchased Logic and had an exclusive agreement prior to that. with Logic and Soundstage in direct competition it squeezed third party developers to the back of the line. unlike windows you can only develop with an exclusive agreement, hence left out to dry. :?
Huh? That didn't make much sense. Maybe somebody can elaborate?

careyletendre wrote:
antithesist wrote:
Don't need your advice. Bye.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself and let's all work the problem together.

Carey
Believe me, I do not feel sorry for myself. You, on the other hand?

The audacity of some people, I tell ya. (If I used smileys, I'd put one here as to make you wonder if I'm serious or not. Actually, I'd have peppered all my posts with them for the very same reason.)
Last edited by antithesist on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

The version of Sound Soap I bought in 2007(?) was pretty much worthless, imo. They can eat me for wasting my money like that. Good riddance.

Yep - its still for sale at the online stores , sweetwater, audiomidi ..

Well, they are not going to stop selling it (those are boxed versions) right?

I own Pitchcraft which is pretty good so I hope they keep authorising it. They don't want me turning up at their door ready to rumble! :x

Hey.. i have no idea what went down or why posts were deleted which would seem weird in an information topic like this?

but regardless this is SAD!

i literally was just thinking about Bias about 2 minutes before i saw this.. i haven't thought about bias in AGES and they pop into my head for some unknown reason then i see this. I am starting to spook myself out with my feelings.

LOL aside, i am actually surprised.. WOW...

And i am sorry for whomever has lost their job and income.

It just shows you, these things can happen at anytime.

Furthermore it shows, that C/R is the most evil form of copy protection in existence, i have said it once, twice, thrice, and will say it again.

debra1rlo wrote:The version of Sound Soap I bought in 2007(?) was pretty much worthless, imo. They can eat me for wasting my money like that. Good riddance.
i have to disagree... soundsoap was decent software, so was peak.

This is extremely frustrating. They just had a sale and I just upgraded to Peak studio 7 less than a month. It was cheap but they had to know what they were doing and they were close to closing.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

surferman wrote:This is extremely frustrating. They just had a sale and I just upgraded to Peak studio 7 less than a month. It was cheap but they had to know what they were doing and they were close to closing.
I got this reply from Bias so I bought the upgrade! . I'll need to revisit my other plugins for challenge/response crap.

"The multichannel component for Peak Studio is still in development and we sincerely apologize for the delay. We remain committed to this product later this coming year and intent on providing it free for every registered Peak Studio owner as promised.

While we regret being unable to release Peak Studio on its original schedule, we believe the ongoing development is important and will be worth the wait."

ttoz wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:The version of Sound Soap I bought in 2007(?) was pretty much worthless, imo. They can eat me for wasting my money like that. Good riddance.
i have to disagree... soundsoap was decent software, so was peak.
well then... have I got a deal for you :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”