Native Instruments Maschine Discontinued ??

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

darsho wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
rob_lee wrote: Maschine was gonna be my next purchase :-)
Rob
Me was thinking about it too, and having to authorize hardware is a bit of a stinker. I wonder if I could find a cheap roland groove box.
So you guys wanted to buy Maschine and now that it has become much cheaper, you have second thoughts ?

Weird logic.
What I would like is to wait until the new hardware is released, see if its worth the cost difference, and THEN decide to buy the original version at the sale price. Obviously, NI isn't going to give me that option. :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
darsho wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
Rob
Me was thinking about it too, and having to authorize hardware is a bit of a stinker. I wonder if I could find a cheap roland groove box.
So you guys wanted to buy Maschine and now that it has become much cheaper, you have second thoughts ?

Weird logic.
What I would like is to wait until the new hardware is released, see if its worth the cost difference, and THEN decide to buy the original version at the sale price. Obviously, NI isn't going to give me that option. :lol:

Or you could wait until the new new unit after the forthcoming new unit, then the new unit will be cheaper than the new new un it and the old unit will be free with cornflakes. :D

I have machine (took the kore upgrade) but to be honest after the initial fun of a bit of MPC play, I dont use it much now. I use Live 8 for most of what Maschine does, infact I use Spark more (Arturia Hardware) as all I ever want in addition to Cubase/Live is a simple drum machine! (FYI the upcoming version of spark, 1.5 looks very cool so....)

There is no doubt Maschine is good, if you prefer to make your music based around MPC workflow (hippity hop!), if you don't, you have the complexity of another DAW/Host to contend with....So ask yourself this question before jumping on, do you want a 'drum machine' or another DAW?

darsho wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
Rob

Weird logic.
Logical if you consider the 'new hardware' is vaporware at this point and the only sign we'd seeing is a sudden drastic price drop on known units- based on NI's track record, its just as likely to mean that they are just dumping the whole thing and no one is in a rush to buy abandonware.

darsho wrote:

Weird logic.
Err what do you mean cheaper? I was looking at Maschine last year and was gonna buy it then. Iv'e no idea if it's cheap or not.. Either way i get my stuff from a friend at his music store and get stuff for the price the dealer actually pays so yes i will get it cheap.

Any problem with that? Oh yes and today i decided against buying Maschine so nevermind about my post here.

Rob

Rob, they knocked a hundred off both Maschine setups.

rob_lee wrote:
darsho wrote:

Weird logic.
Err what do you mean cheaper? I was looking at Maschine last year and was gonna buy it then. Iv'e no idea if it's cheap or not.. Either way i get my stuff from a friend at his music store and get stuff for the price the dealer actually pays so yes i will get it cheap.

Any problem with that? Oh yes and today i decided against buying Maschine so nevermind about my post here.

Rob
I thought you were aware the price for Maschine and Mikro have been reduced drastically since a couple of days.

peace :)

Ashe37 wrote:
darsho wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
Rob

Weird logic.
Logical if you consider the 'new hardware' is vaporware at this point and the only sign we'd seeing is a sudden drastic price drop on known units- based on NI's track record, its just as likely to mean that they are just dumping the whole thing and no one is in a rush to buy abandonware.
You buy it as it is, and it is working perfectly on Win7 according to my experience.

Win 7 will be supported until 2020 I read somewhere.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

deastman wrote:If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the next Maschine hardware will feature an integrated audio interface.
This is the mostly likely scenario. There's not much more you could add to the controller and it functions great as is.

The price drop IMO is to get new buyers before the Akai MPC Ren comes out next month. The Ren is Maschine's only real competion for those that don't know. The price however is 2-3 times more than Maschine.

Everytime Maschine has an update, they update the install CD in the box. Retailers view this as a new product and sell off "old" product (which is still updateable for free). Kind of silly.

andrew71 wrote:More likely is a new version of the main Maschine hardware, but I expect that the software will remain compatible with existing controllers, and that the software will continue to be updated.
Yup. There's actually no indication of any new hardware anytime soon. The OP in this thread is just creating a false rumor stirring up empty speculations.

6/8/12:
"ray2002 wrote: Are there plans for a new Maschine hardware controller in the future?

We are of course always looking into ideas for developing the Maschine hardware. However, it's important to note that current compatibility with the existing controllers will always remain an important focus for us."

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=10

bunnywrench wrote:
andrew71 wrote:More likely is a new version of the main Maschine hardware, but I expect that the software will remain compatible with existing controllers, and that the software will continue to be updated.
Yup. There's actually no indication of any new hardware anytime soon. The OP in this thread is just creating a false rumor stirring up empty speculations.

6/8/12:
"ray2002 wrote: Are there plans for a new Maschine hardware controller in the future?

We are of course always looking into ideas for developing the Maschine hardware. However, it's important to note that current compatibility with the existing controllers will always remain an important focus for us."

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... stcount=10
Exactly. I can see the possibility of a Maschine 2.0 as far as software goes in the next six months or so (it's been three years since the original release), but I don't really see a change in hardware in the immediate future. After all, they're still using Rig Kontrol 3 with Guitar Rig, no?

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote: Exactly. I can see the possibility of a Maschine 2.0 as far as software goes in the next six months or so (it's been three years since the original release), but I don't really see a change in hardware in the immediate future. After all, they're still using Rig Kontrol 3 with Guitar Rig, no?

ew
Yes, and Rig Kontrol 3 has an integrated audio interface, doesn't it? Just saying...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Reading all this makes me glad I decided against getting a maschine and went for a used MPD16 controller instead ;) If Maschine2 is coming soon, one can be pretty sure that the new software will not be compatible with the old models?

"The older product will continue to be supported" they will say, just like they said when Traktor 3 was replaced by Traktor Pro.. Don't recall getting a single update to T3 after TP was released tho'

YMMV as usual.. personally, I lost faith in NI's good will a long time ago, just sayin (the recent fiasco with the TP2.5 and F1 "exclusivity" was a recent reminder or their style)

tetsuneko wrote:Reading all this makes me glad I decided against getting a maschine and went for a used MPD16 controller instead ;) If Maschine2 is coming soon, one can be pretty sure that the new software will not be compatible with the old models, classic NI style move I'd say!
lol A MPD doesn't come anywhere close to what Maschine actually does.

Did you even read the quote in the few posts above?:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37#4981937
tetsuneko wrote:I lost faith in NI's good will a long time ago, just sayin (the recent fiasco with the TP2.5 and F1 "exclusivity" was a recent reminder or their style)
There is no fiasco other than false rumors and internet panic. NI has already confirmed that it's just a technical issue and that TP2.5 will fully support third party controllers.
Last edited by bunnywrench on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

?

The hardware would still be compatible, and you'd be able to load your old Maschine projects into the new version...
Where's the incompatibility you're talking about?

ew
A spectral heretic...

bunnywrench wrote: There is no fiasco other than false rumors and internet panic. NI has already confirmed that it's just a technical issue and that TP2.5 will fully support third party controllers.
Well, why do people resort to hacking the F1 protocol and actually find out that the remix decks can be controlled just fine with 3rd party controllers already?

Anyway, I got no bigger agenda here.. just venting my personal frustrations with NI is all.. Do not take it personally!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”