Native Instruments Maschine Discontinued ??

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just heard from a NI dealer here in LA that Maschine was going to get discontinued.
He said NI is going to come out with a new version or new controller within 3 to 4 months and that's why they lowered the price drastically.
Can any of you guys confirm this ?

Yes, I can.

I heard it from MY ni dealer, he's legit. He's got the hook ups. hes down.

This is why I hate Native Instruments. They can actually make some very good plugins/hardware, but their complete indifference to the lifespan of their products is absolutely disgusting. Pro-53, B4, Vokator, Intakt...

I mean, I realize that they just eventually roll all of those products into another product (like beatmangling into Kontakt), but sometimes having software dedicated to particular functions makes the workflow that much more productive. Otherwise, why don't they just release a single plugin: ReakKontaktBattSynthMaschineRig. A fully fledged DIY synth/sampler/drum machine/guitar amp/convolution reverb with a sequencer whose installation takes up 20 GB of HD space and comes with a 200 GB library that takes a week and a half to install.

I've just bought mikro yesterday and this is a bad news for me, but there's nothing else to do. Soo, if they discontinue it, how can i activate it if i want to install it on another computer? Still with their service center?
musisikamar.com

I'm a long-time fan of Native Instruments, having used their synths ever since Generator. Still, I have to admit that I'm not wild about some of their business tactics. I remember a few years back, I bought Komplete when they had one of their great sales. The week after the sale ended, they announced the new version, and of course I had to pay for the upgrade. I probably wouldn't have paid that full amount for Komplete, but once I had jumped on the bandwagon, I felt I had to fully commit to the latest version.

Likewise, I'll admit that I've been looking at Maschine due to this drastic price cut. Of course, as soon as the next model rolls out, I'd regret not waiting for it, and feel like NI was pulling a fast one. Obviously they are ready to launch the next iteration, and need to dump existing inventory to maximize profit before launch. I know, its the sound business decision, and I shouldn't complain about getting a great product at a great price, but it just feels like they do this every year at the expense of customers. That's the consumer's point of view, at any rate...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

masterhiggins wrote:This is why I hate Native Instruments. They can actually make some very good plugins/hardware, but their complete indifference to the lifespan of their products is absolutely disgusting. Pro-53, B4, Vokator, Intakt...
Don't forget Kore (last summers scandal!), Garritan Personal Orchestra or the Komplete Elements downgrade from 12 to 3 GB. They seem to have great sounding, innovative products and an eternal bullseye on their own foot. And Beethoven's ear for complaints and forum participation. A new NI rep said hi here last year and hasn't been heard from since!

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Xenobt wrote:A new NI rep said hi here last year and hasn't been heard from since!
I'm still here, just lurking :)

With regard to the topic in hand - the future of Maschine is assured. You can have a look at details of the recently announced and forthcoming 1.8 update here: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=80682
Native Instruments - Berlin

Keir @ NI wrote:
Xenobt wrote:A new NI rep said hi here last year and hasn't been heard from since!

With regard to the topic in hand - the future of Maschine is assured. You can have a look at details of the recently announced and forthcoming 1.8 update here: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=80682
Hmmm

Maschine was gonna be my next purchase :-)

Rob

Mikro only came out towards the end of last year. I'd be surprised if they dropped it that quickly. More likely is a new version of the main Maschine hardware, but I expect that the software will remain compatible with existing controllers, and that the software will continue to be updated.

The current software version is at 1.7, iirc, and 1.8 is rumoured for release soon. Version 2 might launch with the new hardware. All speculation of course...

[quote="zlatan"]I just heard from a NI dealer here in LA that Maschine was going to get discontinued.
He said NI is going to come out with a new version or new controller within 3 to 4 months and that's why they lowered the price drastically.
Can any of you guys confirm this ?[/quote]

Either your dealer is FOS, or you have misunderstood him. Your post is actually contradictory....You say that Maschine is being discontinued, but they are bringing out a new controller.

Maschine is 100% NOT being discontinued. A new controller is certainly coming, but the Maschine software will still be totally compatible with current controllers.

rob_lee wrote:
Keir @ NI wrote:

Hmmm

Maschine was gonna be my next purchase :-)

Rob
:phew:

Me was thinking about it too, and having to authorize hardware is a bit of a stinker. I wonder if I could find a cheap roland groove box.

My guess is they want to sell lots of units before they release the paid V2 software upgade.

There is only so much they can change on the hardware (whilst keeping it an MPC), they brough the micro out using the same software, they could bring a 'big brother' out also using the same software...

Dont Panic!

Pesonaly I'm still waiting for the all in one 88 note keyboard with maschine/kore type controls from NI, be great to have just one thing on my desk!

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the next Maschine hardware will feature an integrated audio interface.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the next Maschine hardware will feature an integrated audio interface.
Does anyone know if Akai has been successful with this idea? I haven't heard anyone really talk about this, besides balk at the price:

http://www.akaiprompc.com/mpc-renaissance

If NI is able to keep this concept below the 1K price point, then possibly. Right now the MPC Ren is way overpriced, imho.

-Sam

Trakstar wrote:
rob_lee wrote: Maschine was gonna be my next purchase :-)
Rob
Me was thinking about it too, and having to authorize hardware is a bit of a stinker. I wonder if I could find a cheap roland groove box.
So you guys wanted to buy Maschine and now that it has become much cheaper, you have second thoughts ?

Weird logic.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”