New version of Geist coming?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

harmoney wrote:I dont need 64 pads or or 128 layers (engines) or gimmicks like taht.
I need only one-click-(midi-remote)-hot-swapping and faster access to tweak the sample and a more cpu friendly engine.
is that too much?
Yeah, 64 pads on screen would be a nightmare. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
harmoney wrote:I dont need 64 pads or or 128 layers (engines) or gimmicks like taht.
I need only one-click-(midi-remote)-hot-swapping and faster access to tweak the sample and a more cpu friendly engine.
is that too much?
not if it is just another option, within a new tab. battery handles large amounts of pads well, which is useful when you want to design kits that are more keyboard (rather than pad) based

All I want is a resizable/bigger browser window so I can actually see what samples I have to play with. 64 pads would be a nightmare to manage.

^^^oops. looks like others already said that.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
is that too much?
not if it is just another option, within a new tab. battery handles large amounts of pads well, which is useful when you want to design kits that are more keyboard (rather than pad) based
That is a good point actually, because if you have a synthesizer sampled wave form you could load it in a pad and spread it chromatically across 64 pads and play it with a keyboard. It's just that it's hard enough to get around in geist as it is because of all the options. I often find myself looking around aimlessly for some feature or another.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dasheesh wrote:All I want is a resizable/bigger browser window so I can actually see what samples I have to play with. 64 pads would be a nightmare to manage.
the functionality is already there, but it is a pain in the arse to manage. i don't see why an option to have as many pads as you need should not be available to those who would like it. there is no need for it to be compulsory :shrug:

Dasheesh wrote:All I want is a resizable/bigger browser window so I can actually see what samples I have to play with. 64 pads would be a nightmare to manage.
the functionality is already there, but it is a pain in the arse to manage. i don't see why an option to have as many pads as you need should not be available to those who would like it. there is no need for it to be compulsory :shrug:
Whoa was that an update? When did I miss that? NICE!

Dasheesh wrote:
Whoa was that an update? When did I miss that? NICE!
no !! i mean to use multiple sets of 16 pads. the problem is that they are only accessible by using the different engines etc

Cool man, a little internet misunderstanding, probably my fault. The talk of giest made me go look and there were updates I had missed.

Things I HATE about Geist, consider work flow killers and hope to be addressed with the new version:
- POOR browser, FL Studio, Ableton Live style would be much better
-tab diving, wish one could see pads, sequence and pad editor at the same time, so switching back and fourth wouldn't be needed.

zyguli wrote:Things I HATE about Geist, consider work flow killers and hope to be addressed with the new version:
-tab diving, wish one could see pads, sequence and pad editor at the same time, so switching back and fourth wouldn't be needed.
+1

I just want better integration with logic,don't get me wrong I love geist and use it everyday,but it has a few little bugs that I just work around.1.the arrow keys don't work in logic to browse samples but they work in ableton,2.when I program drums/samples in geist,than want to add synth\keys or what ever in logic,when I hit record geist just starts playing even though I have a 1 or 2 bar count-in,this also does not happen in ableton,now I can just drag the midi from geist to logic and this will not happen but I shouldn't have too... Also from time to time geist will miss the down beat when logic is in loop mode.... So to sum it up I just wish It would work in logic like it does in ableton, I really dig ableton but the bulk of my work happens in logic X...

Wow. I feel half a year younger.

zyguli wrote:Things I HATE about Geist, consider work flow killers and hope to be addressed with the new version:

The endless tabs - some subtle colour coding might have made it easier to navigate but they then opted for a monochrome GUI. :dog:

The one thing I wanted from Geist was the option to name the patterns on the GUI - VS1a, CH2b, M8 etc so you could *easily* see which pattern you were editing or adding to a Song.
That and a decent interface.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Instruments”