Rob Papen - A new Synthesizer is ahead! Guesses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The bundle contains awesomely sounding synth which are very deep editable and pure heaven for people who like experimenting. Blue II is a fantastic synth with an own approach and literally has no wishes left. Predator 2 is nearly as deep as ZEBRA and has many many features for creative usage. Even the simpler Go2 has a huge variety of possible sounds. Vecto is a dope instrument too. If you liked the Wavestation, D50 or KAWAI K4 you will love that one. Blade is cool for intuitive additive experiments with very interesting output. Just to name a few. Most synths come with a modulatable vector field you can complete control the movement. In general modulation options are very good and in the end of you have the bundle I cannot think of a sound you cannot program. Even physical modelling is possible but not in a way as deep as in AAS synths or in KAIVO or in MSoundfactory.

Not to forget that Rob puts a lot of work into his products and is always improving them plus putting new cool features into them. And most of the new synth or big updates are free for bundle users. And the upgrade prices from one bundle to a higher bundle are more than fair.

It's up to you to decide. I advice you to check it out and most important to program yourself a long time... You cannot judge by the presets alone. They are mostly mode for more commercial purposes to get the casual or dj producers into the boat.:) have fun.

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Not to forget that Rob puts a lot of work into his products

not as much as Jon

That's a team for me.

What does it matter what you think you asked. That's a matter I think you have to answer for yourself.

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 pm That's a team for me.

What does it matter what you think you asked. That's a matter I think you have to answer for yourself.
jolly good.

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm Predator 2 is nearly as deep as ZEBRA
ok :lol:

Definitely good synths but i'm not holding my breath for something new. Imo there is a lot of re-use of existing stuff lately. Go2 is a mini-predator for me. Vecto doesn't come across as all that new either.

We'll see...

My 2 cents.

I have the full suite by the way...

AnX wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm what does it matter what i think?
It doesn’t I was being sarcastic.

I just feel your criticism that albino was the ONLY good one is super harsh however
I technically don’t own any of his VSTs but his REs that I don’t use are top notch.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

AnX wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm what does it matter what i think?
"It dreamed itself along"

Stefken wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:26 pm Definitely good synths but i'm not holding my breath for something new. Imo there is a lot of re-use of existing stuff lately. Go2 is a mini-predator for me. Vecto doesn't come across as all that new either.

We'll see...

My 2 cents.

I have the full suite by the way...
I do not expect too much either. I think if it would be something ground-breaking new one we would already have heard some rumours in the foreground. Yeah we'll see :)

AnX wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:13 pm
nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Not to forget that Rob puts a lot of work into his products

not as much as Jon
I dealt with Jon via PM when Punch was released. Man he was helpful.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

With the fierce competition all around and some really incredible synths available, that 'new' synth better sounds truly outstanding and out of this world, otherwise it'll simply vanish after a month.

A massive task to do for RP if you ask me.

I don't think that is the purpose. As I do understand the RP approach it probably could be more a round up or accompany product to the already rich palette.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:24 pm
Punch is one of the most, if not THE most underrated virtual drum synthesizer in the market.

enCiphered wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:51 pm
Punch is one of the most, if not THE most underrated virtual drum synthesizer in the market.
This thing is steaming hot stuff :)

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:51 pm
This thing is steaming hot stuff :)
Sadly it was very unreliable on my PC upon release. Jon even made me my own bespoke copy without bells and whistles but even that didn’t work. I therefore sold it and moved on.

I should give it another shot on the new PC though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”